Brainstorm = Symphorce ?

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
Is it me or Brainstorm are becoming very similar to Symphorce?

Recently I listened to the first 3 albums and one can hear that Ambiguity was the trasition between the sound of the first 2 album to the sound that the band are making today, this happening is the coming of Andy to the band.
Don't get me wrong, I love Andy but I think maybe he without noticing is influencing the sound of Brainstorm and turning it similar to Symphorce.

Ok, I wanted to share this with you. So, what say you? :)

So, what say you? :)

I spent some thoughts about that too! I actually wouldn´t say its becoming symphorce, its still quite different, but i see a developement to more melodical stuff from ambiguity on to liquid monster. A bit pity i think, as i really like unholy and hungry! Symphorce is actually music i can but don´t really want to listen to. Don´t know how to describe, its surely not bad in a technical way, but doesn´t fit my taste of music :)

I think you're cutting it way too short. Of course Andy brought in his share of influences vocally. And around that time I did think that those 2 bands came very close style wise. But before that they were very different (Symphorce too) and since then they have both evolved in different directions, esp. Symphorce have gotten a way more modern style. After all, the writing team is completely different. So I think that for a moment their styles came close together and then went their own ways again. Still, with the same singer you will always keep hearing similarities of course.

They really do sound diff from each other to me as well... I love both bands though! :)

IMO, they're not very similar. To me, Symphorce sounds more "experimental", mixing many different kind of styles..while Brainstorm is more "straight forward".

I like both bands a lot...and when it comes to similarity, I can only find Andy's voice being the link between the bands.

Well, I was more aimimg for Brainstorm LM and Symphorce GodSpeed. They sound quite similar to me and bit boring to be honest.

Aha. Well in that aspect, some passages here and there are similar, and of course the vocals. But the most thing in common between those two albums has to be how damn inconsistent they both are.

Vocally they are almost Identical, No Doubt, Andy only has one Voice. But Musically they are two completely different animals, as its been mentioned "Symphorce" has a way more Modern sound, while "Brainstorm" is more traditional. I do agree that the sound was altered when Andy Joined, But at the same time I dont think Andy and Marcus sound all that different from each other, Andy's voice is a bit stronger, and Marcus is a bit more "Rock & Roll"

NP:Brainstorm - Ambiguity