BRAVE MURDER MAY TOURNAMENT

Okay not that I've ever understood the whole "vinyl playthrough YooToob" thing, but the Arch / Matheos album skips. Several times. And Metal Blade left it up anyway.

So authentic and warm!
yeah it's dumb

sounds bad, too

listen thru spotify or

Reactions: Krilons Resa
That guys vocals annoyed the shit out of me. Clearly he's a well respected vocalist but it can't just be me.

That guys vocals annoyed the shit out of me. Clearly he's a well respected vocalist but it can't just be me.
i'll admit john arch is an acquired taste but once that taste has indeed been acquired, he just ruuuls

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I enjoyed the album but the vocals were pretty WHOA MAMA at first for me. I adjusted quickly.

Nobody nominated any new era Wolves in the Throne Room albums. Are they still pretentious bullshit like they were in the 2000s? Probably yes.

Anytime I read about them it sounds like someone slowjerking. Do they hire people from Pitchfork to write their Wikipedia articles? Probably yes.

Nobody nominated any new era Wolves in the Throne Room albums. Are they still pretentious bullshit like they were in the 2000s? Probably yes.

Anytime I read about them it sounds like someone slowjerking. Do they hire people from Pitchfork to write their Wikipedia articles? Probably yes.
yeah ugh

the entire wittr hype was basically "look! there's FINALLY a black metal* band from america that's as good** as the classic nordic stuff! we don't have to be embarassed anymore! surely this will herald a new era of Authentic American Black Metal that will put bathory and burzum to shame"

i guess at some point people realized there were asterisks there. hypers gonna hype.

* well... not really

** well... not really

but we do have ash borer in the tournament, which is like crumbs from wolves in the throne room's kitchen floor thrown into a big ol pot of boiling water

mmm mmm, crumb soup. love me a hearty meal.

18 more albums to go, of which I've heard a handful before - should be doable in a week. Prepare for loads of dull four sentence reviews that don't offer much insight, with unneccessary and far out associations.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
yeah ugh

the entire wittr hype was basically "look! there's FINALLY a black metal* band from america that's as good** as the classic nordic stuff! we don't have to be embarassed anymore! surely this will herald a new era of Authentic American Black Metal that will put bathory and burzum to shame"

i guess at some point people realized there were asterisks there. hypers gonna hype.

* well... not really

** well... not really

never got the wittr hype. hell, i think the weakling album is weak. oooh that was an original

hell, i think the weakling album is weak

That album is the most hideously overrated black metal release ever. People just constantly gush over it, yet there's about 5-10 minutes of strong material combined. I never understood the hype. WiTTR are very boring overall, but at least they have more than a few good minutes of riffs. I saw them live in 2018 and they put on a pretty good show.

bracket B seems both overall better in quality, but also more interesting to me. there are several things i don't know anything about but am curious to hear.

Reactions: Reign in Acai