BRAVE MURDER MAY TOURNAMENT

Aye, theres some killer shit in here that IS not going to advance. Quite different from bracket A where some albums begrudgingly moved onward by way of lighter ear bleed.

I would be enjoying this more if it were actually an Age of Empires tournament.

Bruv, you stuck your neck out with some hail mary recos. Just shake it off and come back harder during the expansion pack. I'd suggest going the secular route with bands such as Empyrium to win over the hearts of man. It's up to you though. Throw a Hail Mary, risk getting intercepted, and your QB trampled upon. Better off going quick outs, short yardage. May lead to a TD. <3

Reactions: Doom and Ellestin
i think you really need to approach this from the perspective of ”these are the things i truly think are the best”, not ”these are albums i imagine will appease the rc hivemind” because in case of the latter wtf are we really accomplishing? ken, opeth17 and punkhenke are going to get murdered out there because of their niche interests. so it goes. it’s no fun trying to cater to the mainstream

listening to Torture Chain. Saw they were from the US. Lets see what Brendan Radigen (I mean "Torturer") comes up with

But I guess if I created a black metal band, I wouldn't go by Jeff from Texas.

A nickname that still rings true even to this day :kickass: And agreed, it would be a pointless exercise were I to nominate albums solely to get votes. I knew Defeated Sanity would force several of the RC massive to enter their vomitories and dispel of their dinners post-listening, but as I think it's one of the most killer albums released the previous decade, I duly nominated this barbaric Bavarian LP.

PS: I know a vomitory isn't a place where one pukes, but it should be an alternative meaning of the word.

Bruv, you stuck your neck out with some hail mary recos. Just shake it off and come back harder during the expansion pack. I'd suggest going the secular route with bands such as Empyrium to win over the hearts of man. It's up to you though. Throw a Hail Mary, risk getting intercepted, and your QB trampled upon. Better off going quick outs, short yardage. May lead to a TD. <3

Oh, it's not that. I didn't expect my nominees to go far in this environment (though I do think Hesychast should win their match-up). I just really like Age of Empires.

That's one that when writing it down, I said to myself "WTF is this?"

Yep. Based on the cover I pretty much knew it was blasting new old school bm. But I gotta admit, it's got groove and heart. I dig it.

work week starts tonight so I will get through a bunch of 1st listens quickly.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
i think you really need to approach this from the perspective of ”these are the things i truly think are the best”, not ”these are albums i imagine will appease the rc hivemind” because in case of the latter wtf are we really accomplishing? ken, opeth17 and punkhenke are going to get murdered out there because of their niche interests. so it goes. it’s no fun trying to cater to the mainstream

While I agree to an extent, what purpose is served if the nomination sent to the infernal pyre is going to go over like a fart in church? While I appreciate these niche offerings, if you know out the gate your fellow forum member is going to shit on it in a one n done fashion, there's no point in reco'ing. No one is going to become proselytized into listening to unblack metal. I thinkbest case scenario has already been achieved. Listening to these offerings with an open mind. That is best case scenario.

Now another rd of said offerings can be pitched, and the odds are heavily in favor of them all getting pissed and shit on. Ken takes this like a fucking champ, but Josh caught some feelings. Lets not dismiss the "Age of Empires" comment. No one emjoys getting their taste in music completely shat upon. I assume his taste in music ventures beyond the unblack. It doesnt have to be "hail Satan horse shit." Just something inbetween.

Oh, it's not that. I didn't expect my nominees to go far in this environment (though I do think Hesychast should win their match-up). I just really like Age of Empires.

K bruv, just want you to have a good time is all. Not trying to white knight for ye like a faggot either. Just pitching friendly advice. Keep the unblack coming, just expect to go down like Dale Earnhardt.

RiA likes 96.9% of the shit put in front of him.

Well Nile is the first album to fall flat in bracket B. Took 34 mins for the Egyptian shit to kick in. This is what I want if I put a Nile album on. Started off too run o the mill.