Brave New World

Hello? HELLO???????? The Wickerman people!!! What a song! One of Maidens best!

Originally posted by ironcross
Why on gods name do people hate Nomad? Thats always been my fav on the album? Thin Line is second.

:headbang:

Too be honest, I really cannot see how anyone could possible like it. Too me it is just plain horrible.

Originally posted by Southy
YES!!!!! The Wickerman!!!! how could i forget it is UNREAL..classic Adrian stuff right there

FINALLY! Thank you Southy :D I love that song :headbang:

Originally posted by spawn
Hello? HELLO???????? The Wickerman people!!! What a song! One of Maidens best!

The Wickerman is my favourite from BNW too! :headbang:
This is the sort of song I thought Maiden had forgotten how to write.

Originally posted by Sydo

The Wickerman is my favourite from BNW too! :headbang:
This is the sort of song I thought Maiden had forgotten how to write.

Agreed :)

The great tracks from BNW are as follows:
The Wickerman
Ghost Of The Navigator
The Fallen Angel
and depending what mood I am in, Dream Of Mirrors!

All the rest I skip, but it was easily worth it for those 4 songs alone in my opinion :)

Originally posted by spawn

The great tracks from BNW are as follows:
The Wickerman
Ghost Of The Navigator
The Fallen Angel
and depending what mood I am in, Dream Of Mirrors!

Exactly!! I even agree with Dream of Mirrors. As much as I lvoe the song, I don't often feel like playing it.

Yep, Dream Of Mirrors does seem like it goes on a bit sometimes, then theres other times I love it!

I like BNW, including Nomad. The only songs i don't like that much are Blood Brother and The Mercenary.

The thing about BNW is that does not have a handful of tracks that are unanimously liked by everyone.

You look at the old Maiden albums, NOTB, POM, PS, SIT & SSOASS...there are undeniably great, great songs on those albums that everybody loves. There are some very good songs on BNW, but no absolute classic killer tracks. Maiden are past their best, creatively and will never sound as tough/heavy as they did circa 81-88. Their sound and songs seems to be watered down, stretching songs out for too long, or there's not enough fire & brimstone like in the old days.