Brilliant interview with Dan

Unicorn said:
Mixing:
Adjusting sound and volume, compression, reverb, delay from the SINGLE tracks. Guitar left, guitar right, vocals, backing vocals, bass drum, snare drum....
Then you mix it down to a stereo track. Only two channels, left and right. That goes to mastering

Mastering:
Adjusting the complete mixdown. It's like the last fine setting. Compression and equalizing of the sum. You can't add more reverb or anything to the vocals, or other single tracks, just to the whole mixdown.

Thanks! It seems to me that it would be impractical to have more than one person associated with the entire process. It seems whoever mixes it ought to master it. I wonder how Dan came to only master those CD's mentioned when he didn't mix them? Perhaps that's normal, but just seems odd.

Metal88 said:
Thanks! It seems to me that it would be impractical to have more than one person associated with the entire process. It seems whoever mixes it ought to master it. I wonder how Dan came to only master those CD's mentioned when he didn't mix them? Perhaps that's normal, but just seems odd.

I asked that myself in the past.
But it's better when it's two different persons, because it can happen while mixing you get used to a problem, something that doesn't sound really good, and the new person will recognize it very fast because he listens to it the first time.

Dan Swan&#246 said:
I like Disturbed. I actually like some songs from the best of the "nu metal" bands. I admit that once you´ve heard one Disturbed song you´ve heard them all, but the production is good and I like the singers voice once he´s not sounding like a dog or a duck, he´s excellent...

Well hell, if Mr. Swanö likes some Disturbed stuff, I feel sort of vindicated. I like some of thier songs too, and have had people rip on me for it !

Who cares what genre or sub-genre some band gets catagorized into as long as the song sounds good ?

Unicorn said:
I asked that myself in the past.
But it's better when it's two different persons, because it can happen while mixing you get used to a problem, something that doesn't sound really good, and the new person will recognize it very fast because he listens to it the first time.

Makes sense to me. Kinda the whole two sets of eyes are better than one theory. Or in this case, ears.

zortz said:
Well hell, if Mr. Swanö likes some Disturbed stuff, I feel sort of vindicated. I like some of thier songs too, and have had people rip on me for it !

Who cares what genre or sub-genre some band gets catagorized into as long as the song sounds good ?
defend what you truly like with a vengeance! don't let anyone tell you your opinion is wrong.

i really admire Dan for his honesty on this, many times.

"I loved doing “Moontower”. It was a wonderful experience. It was some kind of a psychological revenge on the EOS thing. It’s a shame it sold like 11 copies. I wish more guys could hear it. Download it, goddamnit!!!"

HAHA that is Dan for you:headbang:

I like all Dan's stuff and I also like Disturbed. At first I really liked their first album, but not I am really getting into Belive. His voice is really cool and now that I am learning to sing I find myself shaping my voice after him

:OMG:

" Now we are really close to booking a three show thing in Mexico at the end of June. I hope it be a blaze of Tequila and Sombreros!!!"

I may be dreaming but ... did i just read that on the interview?.. I am still in shock... my mind is blowing up all sort of ideas to my conciousness..

Must see Dan
Must be the opening act for Dan
Must get into his suitcases to fly to sweden with him...

Am i a crazy person? i dont think so... ill be trying to check with the guys who organize this kind of stuff over here... if anyone have any info please lemme know...

P.D.-- Vanilla ice RULEZ!!!