Bring Me The Horizon, I hate em, you probably do... but

Many peoples use maxed resonance on 6505...and scooped mids on a 5150 is like another amp with mids at noon.
It depends on the sound you want but mids at 3-4 is pretty normal. Andy uses mids at 2 also.

*Duct tape :p

no....he is right:

ducktape.jpg

Duck tape is a brand of Duct tape.

:headbang:

over the past year that I have had my 5150 I have been dialing it in constantly, including with eq's in the fx loop and finally ripped everything out of the fx loops and found a killer tone that gave me the best results for recording, and when its opened up to full volume roars like a motherfucker live.

mine is actually:

Drive 4
Low: 8
Mid: 2
High: 4
Res: 10
Pre: 7

very natural setting honestly, the resonance all the way up is defeating the high pass filter (having the resonance anything less than 10 is acting as a high pass filter), and most amps don't even have a res, like the rectifiers, they just "cranked up the resonance to 10 and broke off the knob". As mid heavy as the 5150/6505 is, you have to compensate by scooping the mids and screaming the lows just to get it on the same playing field as any other amp. If you have a problem with there being too much bass, that means you are in a poorly treated room, just turn down the resonance knob until it goes away. If you have a good room, that thing can be up all the way.

EDIT: Just took a listen to BMTH, their albums tone sound within the ballpark of the setting posted.

What looks weird to me is the treble being that low on a live situation...I have to keep mine at 6 with presence up there too or it won't compete with the other instruments.

That's just my experience though, and strictly talking about a rehearshal situation...live we all know highs get boosted due to the venues response, and about recording...yeah I'd prefer to keep high end and mids tamed, as this amp is mid city