Bring Me The Horizon, I hate em, you probably do... but

Nov 2, 2007
Canada EH
They got good tone and my brothers band played with them and I got pictures of there one guitarists gear.
He had 2 412 emperor cabs.
Bottom was loaded with v30's and had a 6505 going through it (boosted by ts9)
Top has g12h in it and had a rockerverb 100 going through it (I only saw the 1 ts9 so idk if he can boost both heads with that one pedal) but both heads were on distortion.
The ts9 settings were: 0 drive, 4 tone, and 10 level (out of 10, not o clock)
PICS
so8ifb.jpg

21c8lqu.jpg

2vi5tsg.jpg

the ts9:
2qamljc.jpg

t0nwco.jpg

The settings on the 6505 (bass and res) probably look extreme but they work, they were playing through very tight sounding cabinet, and OD boosted the 6505 so that's why it works out. Plus they play in C standard DROP A# and drop the top string down to G FOR A SONG! so the low tunings kinda compliment it. (don't try those settings on your 6505 if you have a mesa oversized and no TS9 :D:D:D) you'll be screwed in boomy-bass-hell.
Other guitarist had 2 6505's on the green channel crunch button engaged and was using the od9dx or w/e it's called(the one Adam d and Joel from Kse help designed or w/e) but he had the gain on the 6505's low and the gain on the pedal high :| it was weird idk.

Bass on ten, on both amps? That's a big no no. I went to a rehearsal for a band I was gonna record. They both had 6505s with bass and highs on 10. As soon as they started playing, I walked up to their amps and turned the bass and treble to 6. Then when they finished playing the drummer and the bassist looked at me and said "hey I can actually hear what they're playing now!"

Hmmm...

Those settings are extremely weird.

I've had similar experiences to lolzgreg in terms of hearing someone play their stuff like "man how GOOD does it sound!?!?!?!?!?!" and I just turn a few knobs and they instantly think it sounds better. It really worries me when people can hear that one tone is better than another, yet they still have an amp EQ'd really terribly to begin with. :lol:

I think those settings are pretty spot on what I use also. And I never have any issues cutting through and what not.

As for whether I like this band or not. I think their music rules but I hate and or HAET haha their vocals.

They played NZ not long ago, only have 5150s / 6505s and no oranges at our show. I was the house tech and their FOH guy didnt do too much at the desk. If I remember correctly, here they used mesa 4x12s with 2 57s on each cab - with z bars. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I would probably know more about it but they were so shit that I went outside for a break... an hour long break, haha.

Why would you rape an Orange amp by putting a big piece of fucking gaffa over it :S

I suppose that they hadn't tweaked the settings on either head yet (which might explain why the settings are weird too); since I'm pretty sure that the tape's for writing up the settings. Perhaps they eq the amps according to the stage and don't stick to just their "favourite" settings for every place they play? I dunno.

I don't like this band either BTW.

interesting pics!
well, this is a bit off-topic, but someone may be interested in this:
my band recently played a show with PARKWAY DRIVE ... i did a photo of their 6505 settings, too. both guitarists had the same.
cabs were mesa os, not the slanted, with just one sm57 on every cabinet. boosted their amps with od808 ... they were heavy as fuck! ... unlike my 6505 tone :(

DSC00319.jpg

interesting pics!
my band recently played a show with PARKWAY DRIVE ... i did a photo of their 6505 settings, too. both guitarists had the same.
cabs were mesa os, not the slanted, with just one sm57 on every cabinet. boosted their amps with od808 ... they were heavy as fuck! ... unlike my 6505 tone :(

DSC00319.jpg
very similar to mine ;P but i have less lows

interesting pics!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/cantsleepcanteat/DSC00319.jpg

Cool! And did they use the normal gain or the high gain input please?