Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I'm so tired of the typical lyrics and themes of brutal/slam death. if someone wants to be cool and original they should just make a brutal death band that isn't about gore and where the vocals are actually almost intelligible. i'll be rich once i make that band.

The vocals are more of an instrument in this genre, so it really doesn't matter how the lyrics read. Only thing ppl care about is the slams and that the instruments are working together to crush you.

I'm so tired of the typical lyrics and themes of brutal/slam death. if someone wants to be cool and original they should just make a brutal death band that isn't about gore and where the vocals are actually almost intelligible. i'll be rich once i make that band.

That's basically just 'death metal'.

If you think brutal/slam death metal should have "more intelligible" vocals and less emphasis on, well, slams, you're gay and are misunderstanding.

Some older classics I just got introduced to.
Definitely worth checking out..

Scattered Remnants - 1998 - Destined To Fail
Eternal Suffering - 1999 - Drowning In Tragedy
Eternal Suffering - 2007 - The Echo Of Lost Words EP
Dehumanized - 1998 - Prophecies Foretold
Cerebral Hemorrhage - 2001 - Exempting Reality
Sintury - 1998 - Disgorging The Dead
Regurgitation - 1999 - Tales Of Necrophilia

Some older classics I just got introduced to.
Definitely worth checking out..

Scattered Remnants - 1998 - Destined To Fail
Eternal Suffering - 1999 - Drowning In Tragedy
Eternal Suffering - 2007 - The Echo Of Lost Words EP
Dehumanized - 1998 - Prophecies Foretold
Cerebral Hemorrhage - 2001 - Exempting Reality
Sintury - 1998 - Disgorging The Dead
Regurgitation - 1999 - Tales Of Necrophilia

This list intrigues me.

Also, I could deal with regular growls in slam as long as they mixed in some Dripping screaming or Heinous Killings helicopter chops here and there.

Matti Way (Vocals) quit Pathology today...
It's too bad, since their last and only album w/ Matti on vox was their best to date.
I'm glad we at least got 1 album released before he quit.

232095.jpg

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=78281
http://www.myspace.com/pathologydm

So new Sepsism is out... I know basically nothing about the band but snagged it... havent had a chance to listen to it.

Should I be optimistic?