Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Got this in the mail today :D

Disastrous - Slavery Of Disgusting Torture (2009)
BDM from the Phillipines

Label: Brute!Productions
INFO: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=114554
Page: http://www.myspace.com/disastrous69

disastrous.jpg

1. Rise of Freddie the Blamer
2. Flesh Feast Orifice
3. Embalmed and Bleed
4. Devouring Dead Rot
5. Slavery of Disgusting Torture
6. Whore of Violence
7. Hacked Up for Mutilation
8. Vaginal Impalement Sodomy
9. Desolate Way (Morbid Angel cover)
10. Consuming the Corpse

Limited to 1,000 Pcs.

Best place to order this
http://sevared.com/id16.htm

Anyone have this? I never knew they made new tracks

br_cd_downfromthewound_demo09.jpg

Down From The Wound - "Demo 09" CDR

Track List:
1. Beyond The Depths Of Epidemic Abortion
2. Convulsive Human Atrocities
3. Drown In Unjustified Extinction

Human Mincer doesn't pig squeal?
Watch this and mourn! (Skip to 0:25)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no vocals at :25.
His technique is similar to the technique used for pig squeals, but different (he actually has fairly impressive range, although I still find his vocals unappealing). Give it up.

I said 0:25 because if I said 0:30 you would hit RIGHT as he hits the vocals..you seriously couldn't wait 5 seconds?!

His technique is similar to the technique used for pig squeals, but different (he actually has fairly impressive range, although I still find his vocals unappealing). Give it up.

You sure know what you are talking about! His technique is similar but different? His range is impressive?! Stop beating around the bush, explain to me the difference between a pig squeal and what he is doing at 0:30, and don't even bring range into the equation...range has nothing to do with pig squeals.

Having said that, the slam death community has some great bands and I certainly like Human Mincer's instrumentation, but Phlegeton really isn't cutting it for me

P.S. If anyone is to argue with me on this issue it should be V5 or divine_torture because they actually know what the hell they are talking about

P.S. If anyone is to argue with me on this issue it should be V5 or divine_torture because they actually know what the hell they are talking about

Oh all hail the only guys in this thread that apparently know what they're talking about.

I honestly dont know what constitutes a "pig squeal." Every time someone mentions one, it's just an inhale, as far as I've ever heard. (regardless of the technique used in it)

Now if we talk about JFaC's doom, I'd see where someone might refer to the guy's technique as a pig squeal at times... pretty much because he only uses it between growling and screaming... maybe a word or two at a time and it adds an odd effect.

I always thought of Phlegeton as froggy/amphibious, not piggy, anyway.

I've never heard any pig sound quite like that. (and it's the same vocalist)

Last edited by a moderator:
He sounds more "piggy" live because of the lack of layering on his vocals and usually bad recording quality of the cameras in presence.

I said 0:25 because if I said 0:30 you would hit RIGHT as he hits the vocals..you seriously couldn't wait 5 seconds?!
It wasn't at :30 either, but w/e. Usually when we give an exact time, it's the exact time, not a few seconds before.

You sure know what you are talking about! His technique is similar but different? His range is impressive?!
Yes, the technique is different. Since extreme vocal techniques are absurdly difficult to explain, I'm not going to bother. His range is relevant because he shifts pitch more that most vocalists and sometimes does his thing in a higher pitch similar to a pig squeal. It is, however, not a pig squeal, which would be obvious if you had a clue what a pig squeal was.
I'm pretty sure being an authority on slam has nothing to do with knowing the difference between Phlegethon's vox and pig squeals.

He sounds more "piggy" live because of the lack of layering on his vocals and usually bad recording quality of the cameras in presence.

I was just about to become very upset and ask why you'd use a live song as an example... Because the effects and quality on THE ALBUM WHICH WE LISTEN TO is not the topic of discussion, apparently.

Trees are white. Seriously! Check out this dead one I found laying down the other day! Great argument, Cyanide....Fail.

Slam that sickness you pussies, all talk and no slamming that sickness. slam that fucking sickness right down.

Weren't Septycal Gorge supposed to release an album in September? I went on Permeated Records and they said that yesterday, so Im not sure how far back the album is being pushed to.

I thought Gorevent and Vulvectomy were supposed to release an album soon, but that may not be right?