Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I think that theres no evil in liking overhyped bands and underground good bands too I do like ingested and gorepoflesh too.

Although V5 in your review of gorepoflesh you said that the "special" production was a choice made by the band himself but how do you know that ? Maybe you're right but maybe it's just a lack of money and selfproduction was the only way to put out this debut album. But maybe it's both reasons and we are just some jerks arguing about that.

Got a Viral Load shirt for 15 total on ebay.. It has some majewski art (i believe) of a mass with teeth and on the back says "Pile of God-Awful"

Kinda cool, and the price was right.

Anyone want to recommend me some slam that doesnt really get talked about here? Will probably be tough, I've been here over a year and read through the thread several times.

Although V5 in your review of gorepoflesh you said that the "special" production was a choice made by the band himself but how do you know that ? Maybe you're right but maybe it's just a lack of money and selfproduction was the only way to put out this debut album. But maybe it's both reasons and we are just some jerks arguing about that.

I have more faith in artists than the other dude does is basically what it comes down to. I'd like to think that (since it's not a demo), it was released to the full specifications of what the band was going for. It really does work though, think about it: the way they play on the album, the vocals, everything; it's all perverted, wrong and disturbing. The production enhances this. So even if it was just circumstance that they got that production, I have more faith in them that they knew what they wanted to do.

Krow, have you heard Aversion to Life?

I have more faith in artists than the other dude does is basically what it comes down to. I'd like to think that (since it's not a demo), it was released to the full specifications of what the band was going for. It really does work though, think about it: the way they play on the album, the vocals, everything; it's all perverted, wrong and disturbing. The production enhances this. So even if it was just circumstance that they got that production, I have more faith in them that they knew what they wanted to do.
Yep but the fact that this is an album doesn't convinced me more because if you look at others third world brutal death metal bands they all improved their production with time and their first release is many times very obscure like gorepoflesh.

A good example is internal suffering who have a "bad" production on the first album and now that they can a really good production.

True, I suppose we'll see! I certainly would like if they stayed perverted'n'sick, but you can still be that way with "quality" "real" production...I do love slam down and dirty though.

One thing that is important however is how we approach the art. We need to also cast judgment on what an "appropriate production" style would be, as listeners. Internal Suffering may now have good production but it would of course be pure opinion whether or not their current production suits their "content" more than their older-style production did.

Haven't heard anything about Kataplexia. Good brutal death metal band. check them out.

Kataplexia - Supreme Authority

XM053CD.jpg

Anyone want to recommend me some slam that doesnt really get talked about here? Will probably be tough, I've been here over a year and read through the thread several times.

Beheaded - 2002 - Recounts Of Disembodiment
Beheaded - 2005 - Ominous Bloodline
Blustery Caveat - 2008 - Payback In Brutality
Cenotaph - 2007 - Reincarnation In Gorextasy
Cerebral Hemorrhage - 2001 - Exempting Reality
Distorted Impalement - 2009 - Straight In Your Face
Enthrallment - 2005 - Smashed Brain Collection
Gore Sanctum - 2009 - Flesh And Organ Consumption
Infected Disarray - 2009 - Disseminating Obscenity
Mass Infection - 2009 - The Age Of Recreation
Necrocest - 2009 - Prenatal Massacre
Perverse Molestation - 2009 - Promo
Putrilage - 2002 - Devouring The Gutted
Regurgitate Life - 2008 - Demo
Soaking In Entrails - 2007 - Perpetual Human Atrocities (Demo)
Ulceration - 2004 - Submerged In Gluttony EP
Wormeaten - 2005 - Tortured Cadaveric Humanity

Beheaded - 2002 - Recounts Of Disembodiment
Beheaded - 2005 - Ominous Bloodline
All their cds are really good. Have you heard their first demo from 1995 ? It's really different from what they are doing right now it has some kind of "black metal influences".
Also I recommend the Resurgence Of Oblivion MCD from 2000.

I just wrote a review of Murder Intentions - A Prelude to Total Decay on S-M. Maybe you'd like them.

I was curious about this album... after reading that review, I'm definitely going to check it out.

Krow, have you heard Aversion to Life?

Yes, I have.

Haven't heard anything about Kataplexia. Good brutal death metal band. check them out.

*shrugs* I have no clue here.

Blustery Caveat - 2008 - Payback In Brutality
Enthrallment - 2005 - Smashed Brain Collection
Putrilage - 2002 - Devouring The Gutted

I hope everyone here knows about Beheaded. the ones left I havent heard. I'm curious as to which of these bands are slam and which are just brutal, but... I'll look around.

Edit: After looking at MA, I had heard alot more of those bands than I realized. Any chance you have that Enthrallment album malice?

Cenotaph - 2007 - Reincarnation In Gorextasy
Infected Disarray - 2009 - Disseminating Obscenity
Regurgitate Life - 2008 - Demo
Wormeaten - 2005 - Tortured Cadaveric Humanity
I can attest to the pretty-goodness of all these

I was curious about this album... after reading that review, I'm definitely going to check it out.
:kickass: