Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Suffocation - Effigy
I was debating whether to put this and Human Waste in, but I thinking they could be considered as "slam" in the same vein as Dying Fetus. If they were included, I'd put them fairly high on my list. Either way, the list from Krow and Malice are interesting, and there are couple of albums I will have to check out from them.

Top ten

1. Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated
2. Devourment - Butcher the Weak
3. Saprogenic - The Wet Sound of Flesh on Concrete
4. Abominable Putridity - In the End of Human Existence
5. Devourment - Unleash the Carnivore
6. Pencil Lead Syringe - Suffocated and embalmed
7. Drowning in Phemaldehyde - Blistering Corpse Abortion
8. Guttural Engorgement - The Slow Decay of Infested Flesh
9. Digested Flesh - The Answer to Infection
10. Kataplexia - Supreme Authority

That was hard :/
Merry christmas

Well, my top whatever (EDIT: and it's a ten) in no order would be:

x) Septycal Gorge - Growing Seeds of Decay
x) Clitoridus Invaginatus - Putrid Pussy Warehouse
x) Wormed - Planisphaerium
x) Vulvectomy - Putrescent Clitoral Fermentation
x) Inveracity - Extermination of Millions
x) Saprogenic - The Wet Sound of Flesh on Concrete
x) Abominable Putridity - In the end of Human Existence
x) Gorepoflesh - Gore Fucking Corpses
x) Vomitous / Inhuman Dissiliency
x) Gorevent / Embryonic Depravity

Big pause and then others behind. And I didn't count early Suffocation.

EDIT: Also, a honorable mention for the shit released lately like AtA, the new Septycal Gorge etc, they're close to the ten actually.

Onder, your list has about half of mine. The entire mid-section minus Inveracity (maybe their first would be on actually) aka not the first or last two...

My top 10 brutal/slam albums that came out in 2009:

1. Despondency - Revelation IV (Rise Of The Nemesis)
2. Vomit The Soul - Apostles Of Inexpression
3. Septycal Gorge - Erase The Insignificant
4. Infernal Revulsion - Dead But Breathing
5. Devourment - Unleash The Carnivore
6. Human Rejection - Decrepit To Insanity
7. Embryonic Depravity - Constrained By The Miscarriage Of Conquest
8. Suffocation - Blood Oath
9. Gorepoflesh - Gore Fucking Corpses
10. Infected Disarray - Disseminating Obscenity

What's up y'all

For fuck's sake man, they're not "old news"...his list was a best of not a "freshest joints in slam, son" list. They're standard and the cover art rules (despite the lol typo in the title...not Phlegeton's fault the album was made by hicks though I guess), that's about it. What do you want me to say? That they're one of the freshest joints in slam, son? Just not even true. Run along now.

Btw I just got done downloading Gore Fucking Corpse by Gorepoflesh. I am getting excited about throwing it on. I checked some of it out on youtube and it was mind blowing.

They're just a continuation of Lust of Decay and fairly enjoyable. Nothing great.

They have 3 of the same members but the music is different. I like Lust of Decay. I love Cesspool.

This has the same Vocalist as LoD & CoV.

Shuriken Cadaveric Entwinement - 2007 - As The Shroud Of Suffering Suffocates The Land

Shuriken+Cadaveric+Entwinement+-+As+the+Shroud+of+Suffering+Suffocates+the+Land.jpg

Not musically bad but kind of stupid and aesthetically gimmicky I guess. Nothing special either.

malice: yeah, they're the spiritual successor to LoD...musically slightly different though.

Didn't liked it at all. The only thing that's good is the cover art and the concept wich is refreshing in the brutal death genre.

Anyone heard of Mass Infection they released a brutal death album this year (not slammy at all) and it's kinda great their is a little bit of melody in most of the riffs that gives a huge catchy feeling to the songs.
Nothing unforgetable or new but really well played and produced.
Check them out : http://www.myspace.com/massinfection
Another good BDM band from Greece !

Yea I heard of Mass Infection, last time I listened to them I liked them. I think thats the band. Might be a different one I'm thinking of.

Onder, your list has about half of mine. The entire mid-section minus Inveracity (maybe their first would be on actually) aka not the first or last two...

Yeah, I can imagine you having Degradation Paradox there and some Devourment which aren't there in the god tier of mine. About the splits, I've listened to those so many times and I still keep returning to them that I just had to include them.