Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Try Abacinate and Animosity if you want some good deathcore. Also Despised Icon is fucking sick but everybody know them.

What I hate in deathcore is the constant presence of generic melodeath riffs "à la" In Flames that have been played a thousand times by many bands.

to JGMetalhead : I love the 2 first All Shall Perish but the last is fucking gay.....

Animosity has like one good album, Empires :erk:

Impending Doom is one of the worst bands I've ever heard in my life.

Then again, maybe I'm a bit biased against them to start with.... but they still fucking suck.

Yea, they're very meh. Oceano and BTBAM are better but they're not great either.

Neither are as bad as Carnifex though :puke:

Between the Buried and Me is awesome... they arent really deathcore... they're some fusion of progressive metal and metalcore...

It was available on vinyl for a time, as a pic disc. I almost got it on eBay but the guy ripped me off (didn't send it). I only paid like 10 bucks but still. It is tough to find, and it sounds like shit anyway.

I doubt any record label has it because it was a self release, and the remastered version would probably sell better.

devobtworig.jpg

http://www.comatosemusic.com/index2.html

and if you want the mp3 rip of the album, i can help you with that too.

Whitechapel (I like everything they make)
All Shall Perish ("Price Of Existance" mostly 1st & 3rd albums only have a few good tracks)
Chelsea Grin (Scene as fuck, but they make good music)
Carnifex ("Hell Chose Me" only)
Fit For An Autopsy
Despised Icon ("Day Of Mourning")

and these bands I don't consider Deathcore, but they use some of the chugging style.
Awaiting The Autopsy
Ingested
Vomit The Soul

Animosity 2nd et third albums are really interesting and have a original songwriting with complex structures and riffing is far from the "cliché" that we make of a deathcore album. Maybe the best thing that ive heard in deathcore.
Listen to "you can't win" on animal and tell me that this is not good...

Between the Buried and Me is awesome... they arent really deathcore... they're some fusion of progressive metal and metalcore...

Perhaps within the metalcore scene, considering as such, they're probably one of the better bands out there. Nothing really special honestly imo.

Perhaps within the metalcore scene, considering as such, they're probably one of the better bands out there. Nothing really special honestly imo.

:rolleyes:

Ya know, outside of the brutal death metal 'scene'... devourment doesnt get alot of love either. Hell... to most people on this forum outside of this thread... they're less than something interesting. They're plain unlistenable.

I'd go as far as saying BtBaM has just as many fans as your average popular metal band... probably more.

But...
*sigh*

Why I continue to talk to the sole member of my ignore list confounds me.

Not really... regardless of what genre they are, I used to think they were shit til I saw them live with Dying Fetus, and now I think they are alright..definitely a band that sounds better live than on record..also I met the guitarist at my workplace a couple of days after and talked to him for a few minutes..pretty cool guy