Brutal/Slam Death Metal

ok....

I just dont want to go in their and pick some band called "Bloody Assfuck' and it turns out to be total shit.

Go to our blog and listen to bands' Myspaces via the links on the bottom. Our blog is linked in either me or CC's sig, whichever is easiest for you. :p

And don't bring up Defeated Sanity since it will spawn the eternal argument between Nick and I and I'll be forced to annihilate this thread.

I like Defeated Sanity. Their first album is better than their second album IMO. The second album has the problem that the blasting often drowns out the guitars, to the point that you can't make out the riffs. This problem is pretty common in brutal death metal.

On another note: Putrefy. I know I talked a lot of shit about them in the past. But on second listen, their album is decent slam death, as bad as the production may be. I heard some material for their upcoming release on their myspace page, and it actually sounds really good.

Yes the first Defeated Sanity is the better of the two, and Nick also believes this however I don't like the second at all really, far too br00thal with no reason behind it.

The second album has some pretty sick fast tech riffs on it. But unfortunately, they are often drowned out by the fucking blasting. I still like the second album, though it's not nearly as good as the first IMO. And it sounds much better when listened to on headphones than through a stereo.

I've told him this time and time again (and I do think he agrees deep down) but the first 5 seconds of "Liquifying Cerebral Hemispheres" is better than all of the 2nd album put together!

I cant get over how much I love the new Malignancy. The funny thing is that after I listen to it I need something softer. But I love the almost "druggy" parts to it. Really fucked up shit. I love it. Best Brutal Death Metal record this year for me.

Also the first Odious Mortem record blows.

I like Devouring The Prophecy, but you have to approach it as a completely different band than Cryptic Implosion...it's NOT similar whatsoever! Short, blasty songs, no solos...cool fucked up, surrealistic lyrics though, I like that and rate it a little highly due to those.

The new Malignancy is indeed a drug-addled phenomenon of technical brutal deathgrind. Fucked up and brilliant shit. Love the acoustic parts too!

I like slam death, but most of what I hear has very little replay value, and that's one thing I don't like about the genre in general.

That doesn't mean anything though. Generally metalcore lacks replay value, but All Shall Perish's Price of Existance has amazing replay value...

So what are some slam/bdm bands you pros can recommend? Thanks

I like Devouring The Prophecy, but you have to approach it as a completely different band than Cryptic Implosion...it's NOT similar whatsoever! Short, blasty songs, no solos...cool fucked up, surrealistic lyrics though, I like that and rate it a little highly due to those.

The new Malignancy is indeed a drug-addled phenomenon of technical brutal deathgrind. Fucked up and brilliant shit. Love the acoustic parts too!

Maybe I will try Devouring The Prophecy later.

Yea I am loving the new Malignancy. This is just a amazing record for death metal. I wish I had the lyrics though. Will they be releasing the lyrics anytime soon.

I like slam death, but most of what I hear has very little replay value, and that's one thing I don't like about the genre in general.

That doesn't mean anything though. Generally metalcore lacks replay value, but All Shall Perish's Price of Existance has amazing replay value...

So what are some slam/bdm bands you pros can recommend? Thanks

Odious Mortem-Cryptic Implosion
Malignancy-Inhuman Grotesqueries
Inveracity-Extermination Of Millions

I am no pro though.

On Defeated Sanity: Fuck you I'm not doing this again

Wormed: :worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy GET THIS ALBUM IMMEDIATELY IT IS AMAZING! EDIT: For those who like Wormed's vocalist, he is in the band Human Mincer now as well

07 Releases: Still need to get a bunch, including Malignancy, but Infernal Revulsion and Inveracity are both superb

Essentials: Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated, Disgorge - Cranial Impalement, Cenotaph - Pseudo Verminal Cadaverium, Deeds of Flesh - Path of the Weakening, Goretrade - Ritual of Flesh and Perceptions of Hate, Wormed - Planaespherium and Defeated Sanity - Psalms of the Moribund :)p)

I don't like Gorerotted at all. Wormed are FUCKING FANTASTIC, fans of extreme music need that album...I still need to buy it :erk:

Alter, I will type up the Inhuman Grotesqueries lyrics very soon, look for them on M-A in a while...