Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I keep a list of release dates for STB, and since there's ppl on here that enjoy seeing the list I post it every so often. I don't claim to be better than anyone, I'm just helping out in a way that I can.

I also like a lot of genres of music including black metal/industrial/etc. I'm not a close minded person who listens to slam exclusively.

The only reason I point out all your mistakes is because you're the only person who is a dick to me on this board. And I'll say it again.. post your source. (Wikipedia is not a valid source.)

My source is direct contact with the band members of Infected Malignity. How can I post that? And your accusing me of being close minded when you don't even know me? Honestly.

Marilyn Manson isn't industrial, btw. And I bet you assume Static X is too.

My source is direct contact with the band members of Infected Malignity. How can I post that? And your accusing me of being close minded when you don't even know me? Honestly.

Marilyn Manson isn't industrial, btw. And I bet you assume Static X is too.

Ok then, do you know the line-up then?

This was their line-up for The Malignity Born from Despair
Katsuyuki Oota: vocals , bass
Takuma Sugano: guitar
Yuuto Sugano: drums

And we know now that Takuma & Yuuto are out. Katsuyuki left the band before, so who has the rights to this band?! lol

The Japanese scene is shit right now. The only bands putting out releases are Infernal Revulsion & Gorevent.

All these bands had promise and are letting it go to waste: Glossectomy, Disconformity, Vomit Remnants & Woundeep. Blunt Force Trauma was working on new shit I thought, but I don't care for them as much as the other bands.

M&M can be considered a couple different genres.. I know he's not black or death metal.. and neither was Psyclon Nine, which I had on my Top 10, who are Aggrotech/Industrial Metal. I should have named that list best of other genres excluding BDM.

Ok then, do you know the line-up then?

This was their line-up for The Malignity Born from Despair
Katsuyuki Oota: vocals , bass
Takuma Sugano: guitar
Yuuto Sugano: drums

And we know now that Takuma & Yuuto are out. Katsuyuki left the band before, so who has the rights to this band?! lol

The Japanese scene is shit right now. The only bands putting out releases are Infernal Revulsion & Gorevent.

All these bands had promise and are letting it go to waste: Glossectomy, Disconformity, Vomit Remnants & Woundeep. Blunt Force Trauma was working on new shit I thought, but I don't care for them as much as the other bands.

M&M can be considered a couple different genres.. I know he's not black or death metal.. and neither was Psyclon Nine, which I had on my Top 10, who are Aggrotech/Industrial Metal. I should have named that list best of other genres excluding BDM.

According to sources in Japan Katsuyuki has returned, and they wish to continue on the slam sound. Even if the Japanese scene is "shit" to you, they are definately amongst the best, even with few releases.

M&M is not Industrial at all, and aren't metal. Get your genres right. Their shock rock.

According to sources in Japan Katsuyuki has returned, and they wish to continue on the slam sound. Even if the Japanese scene is "shit" to you, they are definately amongst the best, even with few releases.

M&M is not Industrial at all, and aren't metal. Get your genres right. Their shock rock.

I ment they are shit as in falling apart and no new up and coming bands. I do think they were one of the best, along with Columbia & the Philippines. It's just sad that the members of once great bands (Infected Malignity & Vomit Remnants) are turning gay and stop liking brutal music.

Ok genre master.. I'll consult you whenever im not sure. M&M are shock rock for a couple releases but then they definitely have heavy metal & industrial influences in most of the rest. Marilyn got a lot of influence from Trent Reznor (NIN). Now lets get back to BDM shall we?

l_b747ccf6e17d4809a9ed9082c4ce54b9.gif

Guttural Decay - 2010 - Epoch Of Racial Extermination

Well the new Vulvectomy is kinda predictable isn't it. It feels like I've heard all the slams already.

EDIT: Which is propable :lol:, No but seriously, it doesn't bring anything new.

Well the new Vulvectomy is kinda predictable isn't it. It feels like I've heard all the slams already.

Get him Andy!

Sevared Records will have the new Gorevent in a week or so. For those that would rather pay $10 and get it in less than a week versus $18 and get it in 2 weeks. :p

Also, Vomitous mCD now looking like a summer release date..

It is possible but not likely, there are plenty of new rhythms and riffs on it, and it features improved songwriting, the biggest overhaul in that regard being the extensive 'fleshing out' of ideas into working transition-laden tracks that stand out instead of just running together. But I do need to give it more listens

It is possible but not likely, there are plenty of new rhythms and riffs on it, and it features improved songwriting, the biggest overhaul in that regard being the extensive 'fleshing out' of ideas into working transition-laden tracks that stand out instead of just running together. But I do need to give it more listens

Me too I heard it once so far. But even now I'm quite sure this won't beat PCF which I love.

One of my main problems with the new album lies in its insistence on sample use, which is kind of fucking irritating. There are some great ones, and great uses of textural/speech samples that appear as a layer under a repetitive slam riff or extended breakdown, etc. Those are always cool, and a big selling point for me. PCF has an undeniable charm, but I barely ever make it through a full-listen of it anymore.

But two seconds earlier you said...

:err:

YEs, I meant that I had talked to band members who had said Katsuyuki had returned. The band members themselves said for IM they wish to continue the Slam sound, while they experiment with their other band.

Anybody know other brutal slam death bands that havent been mentioned yet in this thread? I feel like hunting for new ones...

Some of these may have been mentioned. All Brutal, but some may not be slammy.

Twitch Of The Death Nerve - 2005 - And Then There Were Three (Split)
Embludgeoned - 2007 - Split CD
Invocate - 2006 - Dwellers Of The Shade (Demo)
Vulnus - 2006 - Lost Beyond Retrieval EP
Molesting The Dead - 2008 - Destroy The Mainstream (Split)
The Dark Prison Massacre - 2008 - My Cock Is The Truth (Demo)
Rest In Gore - 2006 - Leaving People Victimized-Measures Of Sanity (Split)
Blasphtized & Vomitous Rectum - 2008 - Vomiting Putrid Blasphemy (Split)
Perverse Molestation - 2009 - Promo
Molested Senses - 2003 - No Friends Here
Imprecatory - 2005 - Mortal Intestines Decay
Extreme Violence - 2005 - Ecstasy In Pain
Execration - 2008 - A Feast For The Wretched
Dormant Carnivore - 2007 - Brainwash Device EP
Dormant Carnivore - 2008 - From Russia With Gore (Promo)

Note: the Splits have more bands on them, I'm just including the names of the one's I liked.

I also suggest you check out this site
http://www.last.fm/group/Slam+Death+Metal

Scroll down to the Slam Journals and read those.