Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Would this style refer to a lot of tne death metal bands that use dual vocals eg gorerotted, dying fetus, aborted, Exhumed, impaled, ghoul etc?

If not, what would that style be called and what are some great bands in that style? I love the death metal style that has two vocalists, usually a low growler and a high growler.

Would this style refer to a lot of tne death metal bands that use dual vocals eg gorerotted, dying fetus, aborted, Exhumed, impaled, ghoul etc?

If not, what would that style be called and what are some great bands in that style? I love the death metal style that has two vocalists, usually a low growler and a high growler.

You might be looking for grindcore and it's variants....

Assück
Napalm Death (early)
Cephalic Carnage
Brutal Truth
Anal Cunt
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Repulsion
Dillinger Escape Plan

More info on grindcore.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindcore

Check out slam metal also, you'll probably like it.

Goregrind and brutal death are not the same thing, and a lot of the bands you listed are neither goregrind nor brutal death metal. So, no. But if you stick around, you might learn a thing or two!

RosesofShadow: That VR album is a collection of previous works all on one CD. I have all the separate stuff, and it's all fantastic, so I'm assuming when you put it all together, it can't get worse, really...it is groovy, heavy slam...very similar to earlier/mid-era Dying Fetus combined with early Suffocation; Soils Of Fate is very similar to VR, so if you like that VR disc, check out SOF's Sandstorm.

PiratesRule: thanks for the support!

So, I'll be having Vomit Remnant's Supreme Vehemence Album next week... So, what can I expect here? Groundbreaking? Haven't heard VR's music and this'll be the first time... I saw V5's review in MA he rated 90% on Supreme Entity... This must be a good one...
Fantastic record. Vomit Remnants have some mammoth and very catchy grooves. I second comparisons to Soils of Fate who I also love. Just pure breakdowns, grooves, slams and sickness :kickass:

Fantastic album, but it doesn't touch on the pure brilliance that is Anatomy is Destiny.

I just realised I missed Exhumed from my top 5 albums in the DM thread. Shit!

I only heard a few tracks off that album. I heard it moves from the grind aspect.