Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Willowtip mainly puts out tech death/deathgrind. Good label, but kinda one-sided there. LS, most of the bands you listed really aren't brutal DM...Hour Of Penance is kind of on the line. They are on Unique Leader, though...I would consider them more deathgrind than BDM.

Maggot: Older Aborted = more brutal Aborted. Their new album is good, but it's melodic.

LS, most of the bands you listed really aren't brutal DM...Hour Of Penance is kind of on the line. They are on Unique Leader, though...I would consider them more deathgrind than BDM.
Most of the bands I listed were bands that I don't consider bdm, but have heard to referred to as such on more than one occasion. Hour of Penance sound more like tech death to me. They sound heavily influenced by Nile.

Sometimes, but they can be more melodic. I'd say they're on the same level as Severe Torture (ST are not very melodic at all though)...almost-BDM.

Future posts regarding these topics are overdue (maybe tonight?):

-Shawn Whitaker (of Insidious Decrepancy, Viral Load, Grotesque Formation infamy) appreciation post
-Abnormality demo review

Prostitute disfigurement's older albums are much more brutal, same with severe torture, both these bands have released a lot more melodic albums lately. I liked their first two albums much better.

oh well I guess once the bands start to get successful they simply weaken their sound to appeal to larger audiences and make more money.

I guess I can't blame them either I would probably do the same too.

oh well I guess once the bands start to get successful they simply weaken their sound to appeal to larger audiences and make more money.

I guess I can't blame them either I would probably do the same too.

Are they just change and their sound appeals to more people...