Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Matti Way is just jumping back on Pathology's bandwagon. They're an extremely popular (for bdm) band signed on a big label. He pretty much did the same thing to AP. When interest was high in them because of big ,when big c left, he weaseled his way in.

I'm bummed about the change honestly.

When talking about favorite BDM vocalists I might as well ask, am i the only one who thinks the vocals on engineering the dead are like a cross between napalm death and suffocation?

Krow-- Agreed on your assessment of drums of UM. Cymbals sound fake and programmed, but bass drums sound both clumsy and clicky I don't think it ruins it, but is definitely the weakest element. And yeah, they've got a goregrind thing happening. Speaking of which, here's a tune from a goregrind album that blew me away by Blasted Pancreas, though sadly, the main guy died not longer after recording it---

Orgiastic Rebirth is good. Those are some (nice) ugly guitars, sort of like an intelligible & slowed down Portal in some spots at the end. Any idea when it's coming out?

Someguy & Effigy. Although I prefer the more recent Pathology albums overall--musically---my favorite vocal performance was easily Levi's on Incisions. Crisp and creepyevil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo, did Jon Huber join Abominable Putridity?? Where'd that guy go?

I've liked him since he was in I Declare War. Even though he's doing totally different vocals now, he's great in both genres.

BTW just looked at Disgorges metal-archives page and is says their still active? They haven't released an album since 2005, who do they think they are? Necrophagist?

Didnt they split up for awhile? I remember talking to one of the dude's from Disgorge at a festival and he said a few of the members went off and formed To Violently Vomit. Dont know the current status of TVV though...

Didnt they split up for awhile? I remember talking to one of the dude's from Disgorge at a festival and he said a few of the members went off and formed To Violently Vomit. Dont know the current status of TVV though...

I think they reformed in 2008? Don't remember, the site had two members that where 2012- though...

I think they reformed in 2008? Don't remember, the site had two members that where 2012- though...

They are active and there have been recent interview with Diego and also a video that plays one of their old songs played by the new, current lineup. Haven't heard anything other than that in the past few months, though. Supposed to have a new album out in 2013.

C zar, orgiastic rebirth should be out soon. Sevared is going to be the official us distro for it so I'd check there every once and a while. I'll be buying it so I'll let you know.

How is Wormed's most recent release, Exodromos? I got the re-issue of Planisphaerium a while back and fuckin' love it. Just never got around to looking into their other stuff. I'm sure I'll be getting their new one this year.

They are active and there have been recent interview with Diego and also a video that plays one of their old songs played by the new, current lineup. Haven't heard anything other than that in the past few months, though. Supposed to have a new album out in 2013.

If they do come out with a new album i'm very interested in the new singer, plus the album will probably have awesome production which would kick ass.

How is Wormed's most recent release, Exodromos? I got the re-issue of Planisphaerium a while back and fuckin' love it. Just never got around to looking into their other stuff. I'm sure I'll be getting their new one this year.

Exodromos isn't out yet. Maybe it leaked but I have no idea. The only other release they have is a two song ep which is good.

Exodromos isn't out yet. Maybe it leaked but I have no idea. The only other release they have is a two song ep which is good.

Ohh shit, that's what I was talking about....I looked it up and misread. Yeah that 2 song EP is Quasineutrality. That's what I was referring to.