Brutal/Slam Death Metal

orgiastic rebirth ... I'll be buying it so I'll let you know.

Cool, thanks. I bought the second Saprogenic album, which is not as good or atmospheric as the one you recommended (it's got a sharper, brickwalled sound), but it's still good, well arranged and loaded with hooks. In spots, it reminds me of Morbid Angel's Covenant, which ain't bad at all.

Tracks 1,3,7 & 9 on Beheaded's Ominous Bloodline really stand out (esp. 1 & 3), the rest, not quite as much. How do the other Beheaded albums compare to this one?

Cool, thanks. I bought the second Saprogenic album, which is not as good or atmospheric as the one you recommended (it's got a sharper, brickwalled sound), but it's still good, well arranged and loaded with hooks. In spots, it reminds me of Morbid Angel's Covenant, which ain't bad at all.

Tracks 1,3,7 & 9 on Beheaded's Ominous Bloodline really stand out (esp. 1 & 3), the rest, not quite as much. How do the other Beheaded albums compare to this one?

Their newest album is by far the best imo, pretty much the same case as Aeon.

I didn't like the newest Beheaded album at all. Ominous Bloodline is probably their best, then the first album, who's name I can't remember.

I'll try it again later.

So guys, I turned my order into a dispute on PayPal from brutal bands and they instantly refunded me. Less than an hour. They didn't even bother trying to contact him because he isn't even answering PayPal. Get your money back NOW before the timeframe to file a dispute runs out.

I'll try it again later.

So guys, I turned my order into a dispute on PayPal from brutal bands and they instantly refunded me. Less than an hour. They didn't even bother trying to contact him because he isn't even answering PayPal. Get your money back NOW before the timeframe to file a dispute runs out.

Fuck man, wasn't that from an order you placed around Christmas time? It's really weird because my order was finally shipped on Christmas Eve...after 2 fucking months of not hearing anything. If he is actually back in the game, I think he's got a lot of catching up to do, so maybe that's why people are still getting fucked over. I'd REALLY like to know what the hell was/is going on with this guy. It's really a shame because there aren't many places for us to get brutal deal/slam albums in the first place...this shit takes away from what's available to us. I'm sticking with Sevared, Comatose and Deepsend right now.

Song got better around 2:00

Yes, it does go from below average to slightly above average at that point. Really, it pretty much sounds like the slow track from a Cannibal Corpse album, especially the obvious vocals rhythms, though there's an ugly chord in the first part that CC wouldn't use.

I'm curious what the other Devourment fans (everybody on this thread but me) think of this cut, which seems much, much simpler than anything I've heard by the band...

Yes, it does go from below average to slightly above average at that point. Really, it pretty much sounds like the slow track from a Cannibal Corpse album, especially the obvious vocals rhythms, though there's an ugly chord in the first part that CC wouldn't use.

I'm curious what the other Devourment fans (everybody on this thread but me) think of this cut, which seems much, much simpler than anything I've heard by the band...

My prediction is its not the band but relaspe, Dying Fetus last used the song "subjected to a beating" to preview their last album, which in many ways is similar to this song, "catchier" vocals and less brutal/technical delivery the band usually has, the rest of the Dying Fetus record was heavier, so I assume it will be the same for Devourment.

Also it might not even be that's its less technical but the fact you can hear everything more clearly this time around is whats making you think that.

I think it's damn solid. No it's not as frenetic as earlier material but it's chunky and bludgeoning as all hell at high volume.

But keep in mind I also think Unleash the Carnivore is their best album, so I'm pretty stoked to see what the new one will bring. But I like this track a lot.

EDIT: To me it just sounds like this is the most "accessible" track that they're gonna use to market it. I rarely think the best one in the album teaser is the best on the album. And once that 2:20 minute part hits I'm definitely on board.

Of course that's not to say I'm in love with it. IMO other bands have taken the sound in bigger and better directions. But this album's gonna have a place in my collection, no doubt.

I think it's damn solid. No it's not as frenetic as earlier material but it's chunky and bludgeoning as all hell at high volume.

But keep in mind I also think Unleash the Carnivore is their best album, so I'm pretty stoked to see what the new one will bring. But I like this track a lot.

EDIT: To me it just sounds like this is the most "accessible" track that they're gonna use to market it. I rarely think the best one in the album teaser is the best on the album. And once that 2:20 minute part hits I'm definitely on board.

Of course that's not to say I'm in love with it. IMO other bands have taken the sound in bigger and better directions. But this album's gonna have a place in my collection, no doubt.

You pretty much just repeated what I've said with different words.