Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Ugh I cannot stand No One Gets Out Alive. When they slam, I find them decent at best. But that annoying banjo gimmick is just fucking stupid, and their gay cricket vocals just ruin it for me. Boring, repetitive, and shitty riffs, stale drumming, and uninteresting production. My least favorite slam, along with Artery Eruption.

I am no fan of the 'bree bree' vocals but those vocals on No One Gets Out Alive are just too much, does that even count as vocals anymore?

There is definitely plenty of tongue in cheek among many bands within brutal DM.

No prob, nig nog. Ready for some more? Here it go. New Myocardial Infarction:

A new band called Backyotomy, featuring members of the incredible DIGESTED FLESH.

A new band called Omnioid, some really good stuff.

PLUS, new Decomposition of Entrails:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Screwrot's artwork for their Upcoming EP, done by Jon Zig, one of my favorites. I've never been a fan of them, but usually when a band pays for some damn good art, that's a sign they're gonna step up the music quality, too.

12045_639615379394346_1258193087_n.jpg

Pathology-Awaken-To-The-Suffering.jpg

I came across good reviews on this album here and there and decided to give it a chance. I must say, it's pretty solid record, and damn, I really didn't expect that I could dig that kind of music. I'd like to hear more in that vein.

Pathology-Awaken-To-The-Suffering.jpg

I came across good reviews on this album here and there and decided to give it a chance. I must say, it's pretty solid record, and damn, I really didn't expect that I could dig that kind of music. I'd like to hear more in that vein.

You've come to the right place. Just scroll up these pages and start hitting play to those youtube links. Have fun!

^ That's what I'm going to do.))

I was reading around and it seems like most people don't like Pathology's later albums, calling em utterly boring, and consider Incisions of Perverse Debauchery and Awaken to the Suffering as the only worthwhile records. Any thoughts?

They're just butthurt because pathology was signed with victory records honestly. Their albums on the label are all perfectly good.

But here's the thing: pathology's albums on victory are still straight up stomping brutal death metal. There's no clean vocals, no goofy techno shit... The band did NOT sacrifice their sound on those albums. Maybe the production is a bit cleaner than most brutal death but its still completely listenable. The time of great purification was and still is my favorite brutal death metal album released that particular year and the others are no slouches.

Why such trivial things matter to metalheads always bothers me. They got signed to a big label? Please tell me about when you decided to turn down extra money because it went against some bs morality you made up. (It's not like what nuclear blast did to fleshgod apocalypse or suffocation... For sure)

Yes, to judge band only for their record label's affiliation is a pretty stupid habit among metalheads.

Personally, I don't give a fuck about what label Pathology's signed with as well as any out-of-genre morality. Any band can sign on any record label whatever they want, if it doesn't affect on band's material. In the end, only music matters.

Three tracks (not necessarily albums) that I have found myself going back to again and again:

Excellent song from an excellent album.

Bad ass song and video.

Eagerly awaiting new album.

Last edited by a moderator: