Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Looking for mid - late 90's NYDM(Proto-Slam?)-styled Brutal Death

Think bands like Eternal Suffering, Dehumanized, Repudilation etc.

Here's a good example for the sound im looking for

**piggy/frog vocals are OK but not too much, thanks**

Last edited by a moderator:
Broken Hope, Dying Fetus, Deeds of Flesh, Disgorge and Suffocation all released albums in that time period.

Also check out Internal Bleeding, Pyrexia, Gorguts, Beheaded, Prophecy, Mortal Decay, Infernal Torment, Sintury, Shredded Corpse, Deranged, Teratism, Lividity, Sepsism, Malignancy, Mortician, Malignancy, Fleshgrind, Deaden, Brodequin, Gorerotted, Burial, Demonic Sacrifice, Rotting, Blood, Vile, Reincarnation, Disgorged, Traumaside, Hidden Pride, and Severe Torture.

New band called Dysembrioma, featuring ex-members and members of Kronos, Human Rejection, and Debauchery.

309365_249621615080971_331283667_n.jpg

And here's a short clip. Sounds promising, a little modern, but they certainly have potential. I hope they live up to how sick that art is.

Morguelord--- thanks for the posts. I enjoyed Omnioid--- any idea when that's out? And I ordered Decomposition of Entrails about 60 seconds into that song from Comatose. This thing is slow and sick and exactly what I want from slam. Thanks!

Leroy-- good songs. That Craniotomy album is my favorite in this genre this year, and Extermination Dismemberment is very, very solid too.

Godpills--- I'll suggest Legacy of the Ancients as the other best Pathology, alongside Awaken to the Suffering. Both contain my favorite riffs and arrangements from this band.

The new Necrambulant is very simple, but rock solid slam, and recommended.

And here's a short clip. Sounds promising, a little modern, but they certainly have potential. I hope they live up to how sick that art is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnfV49-eHY
Damn, these 43 secs were eargasmic! morguelord, don't you know by any chance when this record will be released and on what label? The band's facebook says, "The first 9 songs are already recorded and the debut album "The Art of Suffering" will be completed in summer 2012..." :err:

Godpills--- I'll suggest Legacy of the Ancients as the other best Pathology, alongside Awaken to the Suffering. Both contain my favorite riffs and arrangements from this band.
Thanks for the suggestion. So far I'm going to discover Pathology's discography from Awaken to the Suffering to their first album, so Legacy of the Ancients is the first record on the agenda that I'll definitely check.

No prob c_zar! Sorry guys, that's literally all the have out. No idea when an actual release will be available or anything.

P.S. Here's a shameless plug: You guys like my updates on releases and shit, I made a Facebook page just for death metal, with upcoming albums and music and shit, so if you guys want another place to hear or discuss all the shit I post, here: https://www.facebook.com/DeathMetalDungeon?ref=hl

No prob c_zar! Sorry guys, that's literally all the have out. No idea when an actual release will be available or anything.
Too bad. Well, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on updates about Dysembrioma's debut record. Will check your fb page too.

Alright thanks man! Plus this was put up yesterday, fucking SICK:

Out early 2014.

Talked to Visceral Throne's songwriter/drummer, they're going to have a five-song EP out in May hopefully. For those of you who do not know VT:

Perhaps everyone who wanted to, has already said about Wormed’s new work, but I think it wouldn't go amiss to give this amazing album a little bit credit. I've been jamming it for the last couple of days and really don't know what I like most about this record. Seems like everything on it is perfect: space lyrics, vocals, brutal cosmic sound, production, etc. Exodromos may be the best tech brutal dm put out this year.

Didn't really like it all all. Too tech, not enough brutal death and the vocals are a step down. I was disappointed.

Yeah, maybe I'll agree with your statement about an album being too tech, but apart from that Exodromos is amazingly good in all ways. I like how fresh they sound compared to other recent brutal dm bands, and that they continue to expand the boundaries of this genre is what commands my respect.

I'm waiting for the new ones by Kraanium & Epicardiectomy and hoping for more from Cephalotripsy and Abominable Putridity (though I've not heard anything here and they aren't prolific).