Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I'm listening to the new Down From The Wound. Haven't heard any slamming in quite some time.

New DFtW was good upon an initial listen, and I always liked them before. Here's some shit you fuckers need to hear.

Human Bashing. Shitty name, decent music.

Puriform. Absolutely sick.

Internal Devour. Only a 40 second clip, but it's a wicked 40 seconds.

Preview of the new Disentomb.

New Glossectomy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqDCgOCLIl0

Dysphagia. Has Diego from Vulvectomy on vocals.

Antikythera, built from the ashes of Her Virgin Womb. Not super slammy, but pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahLP-gdBFDM

Mass Infection, from Greece.

Drum Cam of some new Cerebral Effusion, can't wait to see what these guys got in store.

New Nephrectomy.

Engutturalment Cephaloslamectomy. Slam parody with Andrew from Visceral Throne on drums. Actually ridiculously sick.

New Prostitute Disfigurment.

Repugnance from Malta.

Imitation, wickedly solid slab of slam.

New upcoming album from Turkish slammers Decaying Purity. Artwork is sick.
1545769_578686418887250_1344239952_n.jpg

New album from Colombia's Incinerating Prophecies. No music yet, just a drum track on Youtube, and their last album was mediocre, but this looks promising. I got a soft spot for shitty Colombian death metal.
995739_10152396062898484_1559718245_n.jpg

New Disastrous, from the Philipines. Last two were sick, this looks to be as well.
1385647_205813736265163_53759817_n.jpg

Omnipotent Hysteria.

Medecophobic.

A portion of Extirpating the Infected's new album cover. This should be skull-crushingly groovy. Their last album was some insanely bouncy slam and it ruled.
1010416_582444495178109_633411140_n.jpg

Iniquitous Savagery, this is pretty awesome.

Upcoming Syphilic.
1375850_655563991129195_260263293_n.jpg

Geggar Otak.
923042_598336513518610_212589452_n.jpg

New Cephalic Impurity. Russian slam usually rules, and these guys are no exception. Really psyched for this one.
936631_600700869948841_1132440235_n.jpg

Back Door To Asylum. Interesting stuff. Slightly technical slam.

New Pighead, this should rule pretty hard.
600583_620343027984625_1466681482_n.jpg

Cerebral Paralysis. Art by Jon Zig.
1233580_653429471342647_1942484508_n.jpg

Sorry for the mega post, and some of these might be old news but if not, now you're moderately up-to-date on the slam scene. Left out some obvious ones like new 7 H.Target and Amputated, or stuff that I saw discussed here.

Last edited by a moderator:
So recently I've been trying to branch out and be a little less conservative in my taste in death metal. I've discovered that I actually really like Suffocation and some Deeds of Flesh I've heard.

Not interested in slam, stuff with really clicky drums, or stuff that sounds overly-produced. Recommend me something that sounds more organic and in the vein of the aforementioned bands.

New Decaying Purity looks fucking sick. A couple of those will be good and the rest, a sea of crap.

Edit: also, I hate parody shit, especially in a genre that's already tongue in cheek.

Engutturalment Cephaloslamectomy is really good. Being friends with Andrew on Facebook probably made my opinion a bit biased. It's all a bunch of inside jokes basically.

The releases I think will be mediocre are Antikythera, Mass Infection, Omnipotent Hysteria, Medecophobic, Syphilic, Geggar Otak, Back Door to Asylum, and Cerebral Paralysis.

Pighead, Nephrectomy, Repugnance, Prostitute Disfigurement, Iniquitous Savagery, and Dysphagia should all be good.

Cephalic Impurity, Extirpating the Infected, Disastrous, Incinerating Prophecies, Decaying Purity, Puriform, Cerebral Effusion, Disentomb, and Internal Devour should all rule pretty fucking hard.

DFtW, Amputated, Glossectomy, Imitation, and 7 H.Target already kick a lot of ass.

I've seen that syphilic artwork before. I kind of wonder if they're stealing it. I'm very particular with my brutal death metal and if something doesn't grab me quickly, I tend to not really give things chances.

Listened to all of those morguelord.

Favorites were

Nephrectomy - this is really thick and chunky. Big surprise and it makes me want to check out their first album

Human bashing - really promising stuff

Back Door to Asylum - this almost seems like a technical brutal version of Whitechapel's first album. I like.

Prostitute Disfigurement - I've always liked this band and it's good to see they dumped that old shitty vocalist.

Holy shit, Andy is back!

Guys, please don't support Human Bashing, it's that asshole from Habitual Defilement known for ripping people off, throwing hissy fits at shows, and well, being a racist bigot.

New DFTW is great, new Amputated is meh though. I'm still getting a lot of listens out of the latest Asphyxiate album.

I'm not sure the new cephalic impurity is out yet. And if it is, you'll be ordering from Russia.

I've never really like Amuptated very much. Guess I don't "get" them, seeing as most brutal deathers love them.

Amputated has never impressed me, they have some cool little moments but overall they're just boring.

Cephalic Impurity isn't out yet. I looked. Then cried...
Moving on. Gundam, are you talking about Ian? Shit I had no idea he was such a lil' bitch. I have him on Facebook but after hearing that...ehh....