Brutal/Slam Death Metal

They got shipped very recently. I only have the mp3s but I'm gonna buy it soon. It got delayed like 10 times, I remember reading about it.

Just posted this (part of a bulletin) on Myspace:

the 2008 slam update. Keep current on all your favorite slam as Nick and I do the research for you, and present you with the inside scoop. Who got signed to what label? When the fuck is the new Devourment coming out (yes there is gonna be a new one, more on that when we eventually talk to Chris)? Who the FUCK is Decaying Purity and why the FUCK are they so fucking awesome (they totally are)?! ALL these questions shall be answered...in due time.

BOOKMARK THAT SHIT.

Is Carnivore Diprosopus going to release anything new this year? Looking back on it, 'Filled My Stomach With A Pregnant's Corpse' is much better than I gave it credit for, but then again, it was only later that I really got into the Colombian style filthy slam stuff. Never heard 'Madhouse Macabre Acts', though, but I heard a lot of good things about it.

CD are I believe slated for a release this year, I asked Oscar the other day on Myspace but he hasn't gotten back to me (and probably won't, they're notably elusive for some reason)...regardless, I've been wondering what Dan's Crypt has in store for this year, speaking of Madhouse's Macabre Acts...I should really start researching stuff re: 2008 slam (nudge nudge Nick).

Here's to hoping anyway. The re-record of Electrotherapy was really good.

I am really hoping they do. Madhouse is great, although held back slightly by bad production and weak vocals. They did make a rerecorded video version of Electrotherapy recently which was fantastic.

How was the production weak? Just lacking heaviness? I dig the dirty, sludgy production of the first one.

EDIT: Also, what's going on with Digested Flesh? Are they ever going to release a new one? I thought that the first LP had a lot of potential; I like some of the more cleverly written syncopated groove stuff they used. A lot of personality.

It lacked a big low end which I think is important for slam unless you can get that perfect Molesting the Decapitated sound.

I am really hopeful for Digested Flesh as well but I have not heard any news. Great band though.

EDIT: Info on Digested Flesh from there myspace, posted on tuesday: 1/15/08 - DFLESH NEWS 2008

2007 was a really great year for Digested Flesh with our European tour and our trip to CDF. We are really looking forward to an even better 2008. At some point this year we will be entering the studio to record our next full-length CD. We'll have more details on that in the coming months. We won't be playing live as often until our CD is complete.

How was the production weak? Just lacking heaviness? I dig the dirty, sludgy production of the first one.

EDIT: Also, what's going on with Digested Flesh? Are they ever going to release a new one? I thought that the first LP had a lot of potential; I like some of the more cleverly written syncopated groove stuff they used. A lot of personality.

welcome to the board man!

Seriously, you just can't go wrong with them. If you don't mind weak-sounding (at first) production get 1.3.8/Molesting The Decapitated, but if you like it polished and more extreme sounding, check Butcher The Weak.