Brutal/Slam Death Metal

That Prostitute Disfigurement track was fucking sick! I'd like to hear more screams as opposed to gurgles, as stated above.

Been listening a lot to some old school slam from 1993 (!). I'm sure you slam heads have heard this Afterbirth demo before, but the drumming is bad ass:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like the oldest of the old school stuff, pick up Embrionic Death - Regurgitated Stream of Rot.

It contains Regurgitate the Dead and Dead Rotten Corpse, two of the earliest demos I'd consider slamming. (1991 and 1992) (and the fantastic atheist esque Stream of Solidarity demo)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHl9xRWHCY&feature=related[/ame]

You said you've been listening to old school slam; what else is there? Just wanting to know if there's anything I haven't yet heard. That Afterbirth was badfuckingass btw.

You said you've been listening to old school slam; what else is there? Just wanting to know if there's anything I haven't yet heard. That Afterbirth was badfuckingass btw.

You probably already know both bands, but their early demos are some of their best material:
Fleshgrind's Holy Pedophile
Mortal Decay's Dawn of Misery and Grisly Aftermath

Good review-it seems that the new album is making people appreciate the band that didn't care for the debut.

I don't know if it is the quality of my download or what, but it really seems that the production of this album is worse, which is weird because of people saying it is better.

Brutal death metal from Italy: Joads (Judgement of a Death Sentence).
This is Tortured by Officers, from the first single "Crime by Officers".

this is my band and I'm the bass player please give us your review if you want to. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The verdict on Joads: the vocals do not fit brutal death metal at all. Recording was a little thin and harsh but as far as I can tell, there's some major potential there. But damn change those vocals dude, that's just....ugh.