Brutal/Slam Death Metal

That Fornicator was really solid, surprised I wasn't familiar with that. Very much riding the line of proto-BDM, not sure if I would count it or not, but it was killer regardless. If it was on CD, I might give enough of a shit to buy it, but I don't see myself every actually spending my money on a cassette.

Flesh Consumed is killer. First album is amazing and has one of my favorite cover arts of all time. Hymn of the Leeches is supposed to have been out like 3 or 4 years ago or some shit but Corey keeps delaying it. Doubt if it ever sees the light of day.

Really groovy, slam heavy stuff? Hmmm:

Human Rejection
Ingested (first album especially)
Kraanium
Cephalotripsy
Vomit Remnants
Disconformity
Gorevent
Glossectomy
Epicardiectomy
Cerebral Incubation
Hymenotomy
Traumatomy
Guttural Corpora Cavernosa
Abominable Putridity
Katalepsy
Internal Devour
Coprocephalic
Whoretopsy
Dysentery
Crepitation
Splattered
Necromorphic Irruption
Amputated
Awaiting the Autopsy
Urogenital Macrophage

Which part? Personally I think both sides are pretty equally flawless. The first side is raw, pounding, early 2000s blasting BDM and the second part is insanely unique prog death in the vein of Atheist and the Cynic demos. It's hilarious to see BDM fans shitting on the prog side for being "weak", and prog fans losing their minds because "the production sucks" on the BDM side. Both groups have no idea what the other side of the EP is supposed to be and it's entertaining.

Also, new NSE signing this morning, Greek BDM that sounds like the early 2000s. Sounds like Severed Savior, Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh, Inveracity, etc.

I actually hate to say it but the brutal side of that release is definitely the weak side imo. Cool release is general but I hope they don't ever full on stop playing brutal death like so many bands with the tech touch.

Another new NSE signing, from Ecuador. Sounds just like you would think it should. Just had Dan over at my house this weekend, there's still 3 more signings to come soon, so let the speculation begin.

EDIT: Yes I do know this album was just released on Gore House, before anyone points it out.

new acranius.jpg

New Acranius teased. Will be their third I think? album of dumbass beatdown slamcore nonsense. Sure it'll be fun.

This is a great thread. But too much to go through. Brutal death and slam can be fucking amazing or total shit.

Can anyone be bothered to give me a top 5 brutal death of all time and top 5 slam of all time? (I'd appreciate lists from multiple people)

Please note I hate piggy or froggy vocals so exclude those but I love beastly/ultra-low/guttural.

Last edited:
I've never been good at narrowing shit down, so I'll give you 5 of my favorites off the top of my head in each realm:

BDM
1. Orchidectomy-A Prelate's Attrition
2. Disgorge-She Lay Gutted
3. Pyaemia-Cerebral Cereal
4. Guttural Secrete-Reek of Pubescent Despoilment
5. Inveracity-Circle of Perversion

Slam
1. Devourment-1.3.8
2. Cephalotripsy-Uterovaginal Insertion of Extirpated Anomalies
3. Epicardiectomy-Abhorrent Stench of Posthumous Gastrorectal Desecration
4. Cerebral Incubation-Asphyxiating on Excrement
5. Digested Flesh-The Answer to Infection

I could go for days, but that's a really good start for you.

Reactions: Sirjack and arg
I've never been good at narrowing shit down, so I'll give you 5 of my favorites off the top of my head in each realm:

BDM
1. Orchidectomy-A Prelate's Attrition
2. Disgorge-She Lay Gutted
3. Pyaemia-Cerebral Cereal
4. Guttural Secrete-Reek of Pubescent Despoilment
5. Inveracity-Circle of Perversion

Slam
1. Devourment-1.3.8
2. Cephalotripsy-Uterovaginal Insertion of Extirpated Anomalies
3. Epicardiectomy-Abhorrent Stench of Posthumous Gastrorectal Desecration
4. Cerebral Incubation-Asphyxiating on Excrement
5. Digested Flesh-The Answer to Infection

I could go for days, but that's a really good start for you.

I only have 2 of these. Thanks for giving me a decent starting point for top albums for this.