BS 04 - Power & Black Stage

Goth Metal! Who cares? Go to Whitby Goth fest if you want Goth metal
lol.gif

Seriously a be a place should be made available for a decent Goth metal band on the extreme stage like Tristania or Lacuna Coil. Also maybe have someone like Subway To Sally headlining the darwin suite and have some top up and coming goth bands on the second stage.

See my plan is faultless!

Thats a good idea, but i wouldnt have anthrax headline the extreme day.. someone like mayhem, immortal, entombed or deicide instead

Wouldn't it just be easier to book a couple of extream headliners, this year there are 6 big bands: Blaze, Saxon, Nightwish, Masterplan, Paradise Lost and Hammerfall, 5 of which are power or traditional metal and 1 isn't metal.

Next year why not just get the following: Halford, Gamma Ray, Dio, ManOwar, In Flames and Marduk. This avoids haveing to seperate the day out to keep everyone happy, insted why not just spend the big bucks better not just 99% power Metal.

No Comolies ruled IMHO, at the end of the day I don't care too much about people haveing differing opinions to me (that'd be a townie thing), but as it is the only LC I own at the mo' then I can't really argue

I was the same, Swamped and Daylight Dancer were the only tracks I really liked at first but it really grew on me.

Mmmm... Christina...

actualy thats as good a reason as any to have them play at Bloodstock:D

i think its a great idea eagle, 3 days for each type of metal, id like it if tht was done and u could get like 1 day passes, or just 2 day passes, cos i no im a power metal and traditional metal fan, so it would be great to see those to a days and not have to sit thru the extreme stuff which aint reely my style, so nice idea - 3 days, 3 genres, good idea!

I think it would be cool to have a band like hollenthon or enslaved and maybee something a little different in the way of tenhi, dornenreich, agalloch.. Id love to see stormlord make a UK appearance though, but I doubt that will happen at bloodstock

Actualy how about this for BS04
Frost, Aborym, Mistress and Benediction, all share memebers (Frost and Aborym in a live only capacity) but 3 are British, there is a good mix of metal types plus Benediction would be amazing second stage headliners

Or How about Edge of Sanity, Katatonia, Opeth and Bloodbath?

All to staisfy extream fans but either would be great line ups

Darkthrone and Bathory havent played live since the early 90s at the latest, Darkthrone are thinking about doing gigs sometime though.
Bal-Sagoth HAVE to make a return and headline the small stage

William said:
Bal-Sagoth HAVE to make a return and headline the small stage
Are you kidding? They sucked last year. Biggest disappointment of the day for me, as I'd been looking forward to seeing them. But live, they were awful, and Byron was just shouting into the mike, rather than delivering the booming, majestic voice he should have had.

William: Nocto Cultro has stated that Darktrhrone will never play live again, he got fed up of haveing to spend ages training up loads of live only members and frequently they dropped out half-way through causing more frustration.

Cyberfella:I didn't miss them out, they don't share any members with any of the other bands I listed.