Buckethead

flying_whale

Rome 64 C.E.
May 17, 2006
Seattle,Wa
www.myspace.com
So what are everyone's thoughts on this amazing guitarist? I've been listening to him for inspiration sometimes, he is a very original player. My fav song is probably nothingham lace, because of the amazing buildup and the weird techno effects. Buckethead is nothing short of brilliant IMHO, and obviously crazy. I mean he does guitar lessons on youtube and interviews through voice distorsion. I guess being that good and talented comes at the price of mental health:lol::headbang::headbang:

So what are everyone's thoughts on this amazing guitarist? I've been listening to him for inspiration sometimes, he is a very original player. My fav song is probably nothingham lace, because of the amazing buildup and the weird techno effects. Buckethead is nothing short of brilliant IMHO, and obviously crazy. I mean he does guitar lessons on youtube and interviews through voice distorsion. I guess being that good and talented comes at the price of mental health:lol::headbang::headbang:

He's an incredibly disturbed, talented dude, and I have heard people think he's really Paul Gilbert in disguise, but no proof has been brought forward yet......although he did study with Paul at one point in time,so.....:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I wouldn't be surprised if he really is Paul Gilbert, there is only one way to check that, look at tour dates, if they play at the same time on different coasts and contintents then, they are clearly different. I will research that tomorrow to kill time at school :lol:

On another note, the theme from the intro to jordan, is the same as ...

ready ready?

Metallica's Sweet Amber (yes from saint anger). A bit faster, and so much cooler and creative. Probably Lars doesn't sue people wearing buckets on stage :lol:

As much as Id like to believe that they are one person, it just doesn't add up. Bucketheads real name is Brian Carrol and believed to have been born in 1969. Paul Gilbert was born in 1964. However they are both exactly the same height.

Check out this website for further details on this amazing guitarist http://www.geocities.com/stringcheese242001/

I think someone found that Paul and Buckethead did play gigs at different places on the same date. I don't think Buckethead is Paul Gilbert, they just have similar picking techniques. Buckethead is good, but his albums are way too hit or miss. For everything cool he does there is tons of weird bullshit. Nottingham Lace is my favorite Buckethead track too, I always thought it was kind of funny that the best thing he did (IMO) he gave away free on his website.