BUDGIE

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Yippeee I'm very happy cos my current favourite band of all time has just announced tour dates, so if any of you are going to be in the UK in the latter half of this year, you must check out the mighty Budgie - they are totally sensational live band. In fact even if you weren't planning on visiting the UK, start saving your pennies NOW cos you do not want to miss seeing Budgie, these guys are rockin like there's no tomorrow!!!!!!

Last few times I've seen them at The Renfrew Ferry but this time I'll be seeing them at Glasgow ABC2 which is a new venue and one I've never been to yet - but I've heard its great place - so well excited about seeing Budgie in this new venue!!!! And here's a few photos I took of Budgie last year with their new guitarist Simon Lees, when I saw them at The Ferry in Glasgow.. Just click on the pics to enlarge them.

BUDGIE UK TOUR 2006

SEPT.

Wed 20th SOUTHSEA - SOUTH PARADE PIER
Thurs 21st POOLE - MR KYPS
Fri 22nd BRIGHTON - CONCORD 2
Sat 23rd DEAL - ASTOR THEATRE
Tues 26th OXFORD - THE ZODIAC
Wed 27th SHEFFIELD - THE BOARDWALK
Thurs 28th NEWCASTLE - TRILLIANS
Fri 29th GLASGOW - ABC 2
Sat 30th WORKINGTON - MONROE'S BAR

OCT

Thurs 5th HULL - THE SPRINGHEAD
Fri 6th STRATFORD UPON AVON - COXS YARD
Sat 7th NUNEATON - QUEENS HALL
Thurs 12th NORTHAMPTON - SOUNDHAUS
Thurs 19th WREXHAM - YALES CENTRAL STATION
Fri 20th BURY - HARK TO TOWLER
Sat 21st BRADFORD - RIO
Thurs 26th LONDON - THE UNDERWORLD
Fri 27th MAIDSTONE - INVICTA HALL
Sat 28th SWINDON - THE FURNACE

NOV

Wed 1st ILFRACOMBE - JAX
Thurs 2rd BRISTOL - BIERKELLER
Fri 3rd CARDIFF - THE POINT
Tues 7th CREWE - THE LIMELIGHT
Wed 8th WORCESTER - HUNTINGTON HALL
Thurs 9th HONITON - HONITON MOTEL
Fri 10th FALMOUTH - PRINCESS PAVILLION
Sat 11th FROME - CHEESE AND GRAIN
Wed 15th ASHTON UNDER LYNE - THE WITCHWOOD
Thurs 16th LIVERPOOL - ACADEMY 2
Fri 17th SUTTON IN ASHFIELD - THE GOLDEN DIAMOND
Sat 18th BLACKPOOL - CENTRAL CLUB

DEC

Wed 13th DUDLEY - JB's
Sat 16th PONTYPRIDD - TOMS

O man!! How I would love to see Budgie live :headbang: I like their 70s period and their "Power Supply" album and the "If swallowed do not induce vomiting" EP.

Princes could you give me a setlist when you go to see them so I can drool?

And thanks for the cool pics :headbang:

Yes I'll let you know the setlist Hawk and I'll do a wee review with pics as well.

I've seen Budgie quite a few times but 2 years ago I went along to see them and I hadn't seen them for years and it was just a last minute thing that I decided to go - WOW thank God I went cos they were absolutely lethal live. There were 2 support bands on first and they were pretty crap but I stayed right down the front and then Budgie came on and launched straight into Guts and then Panzer Division Destroyed.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I'm not joking, I very nearly fainted cos those 2 songs are 2 of my fav Budgie songs - and they sounded so powerful and loud and the atmosphere there was just sheer electric.

I know its a shame Fangface that Budgie don't tour abroad - they don't even go to Ireland, always just England, Wales and Scotland. So I think if anyone wants to see them, you have got to travel to Britain and catch the Budgie will you still can. Burke Shelley is fantastic, with so much energy and awesome voice - he doesn't really talk much to the audience - just gets stuck into the songs and blasts them out brilliantly - but he must be in his late fifties or even older, so I don't know how long they will continue to tour for - hopefully for a lot longer- but every time I see them, I keep thinking it might be the last time.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
but he must be in his late fifties or even older, so I don't know how long they will continue to tour for - hopefully for a lot longer- but every time I see them, I keep thinking it might be the last time.
That's what I always say to myself each time I see all these old geezers from the 70's still going out and rocking around the world.
There are a few old bands from this era like Budgie that I really want to see live, I'll curse the world if they retire before I can see them :lol: :cry: