Bugera amps

so you are suggesting to go with the head and keep my current cab (upgrade later)?

thanks!
himm if i sell the MG412 cab for $200-250 canadian... maybe i can save up for a nice 2x12

a Nice 2x12 would definitely sound a lot better than a MG412, the faster you could sell it and buy a new one, the closer you will be to a good tone.

Yeah don't get the Bugera cab or combo with the Bugera speakers. Just the head itself. ;)

~006

*Instead of opening a new thread, ill continue in this one.

Obviously with my MG100HDFX, im not good with purchasing amps...

What 2x12 cab would go good with the 333XL head? lets say budget: $300-370 USD.

keep in mind that this will be my practice amp till i feel like i deserve a much better amp, i also like great quility but i can do with decent in my budget. i am not in a band so if i can get the 333XL combo and upgrade the speakers later, i would like that too.

you guys know your stuff... what do you think?

anything other than that? i dont like used things... i never trust it.
i do have a local retailer that sells MESA, anything else in that budget?

Dude, every amp I've owned (5150 combo, JSX head, HD147, Roland Cube 30, Orange Tiny Terror, 2 ch. Dual Rectifier) and two out of three cabs I've owned (both Mesas) I bought used, with zero problems. It's easy enough to get an idea of the status of something, especially a cab - if it's clean on the outside, there's really not much else that could be wrong with it (save the speakers, but it's easy to call a seller on ebay out on that)

+1

I bought my JSX and Bugera new, but everything else amp-wise was used. DR, PowerBall, Marshalls...all the amps I had back at the old studio..fuuuck haha, used city. Cabs too, with the exception of both Marshall 2x12s I have owned in the past (good 2x12 btw if anyone ever wondered, the 1936 (oversized 2x12) not any other Marsh 2x). My current Mesa OS 4x12 was used as well. No issues so far...

~006

6262 Clip. Picked it up yesterday. Compaired to the 5150 I owned a few years back, and my band mates 6505, I'd say the Bugera has a better tighter low. Everything else is pretty equal to my ear, so for £310 I aint complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense if it's your vid, but I've never understood why people put a video with audio from the camera's mic up on youtube to demonstrate how "awesome" a guitar amp sounds. Not exactly the best possible combination to represent how something sounds... haha.

~006

I asked to Tue Madsen some opinions about the 333xl I've seen on his amps rack.
He said:
"It sounds amazing. Also the 6260 sounds really good, but lacks the resonance button which they replaced with a reverb... sux... But I really like the 333xl and have already used more than once."

some guy at HCAF A/B'd it with his 5150. Sound pretty much the same imo:

clip:
http://music.megagoo.com/5150-bugera-test.mp3

first bugera
second 5150
third LnR

original thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1844369

Yeah they sound like they have a similar distortion characteristic but my real question is what were the settings on both amps ?
My reasoning is about head room and control range on tone shaping , if you changed the settings on the 5150 would the bugera have the head room and control range + the same response to match it every way or just in some ways ?
TBH the 5150 tone was a bit *flabby* and flat and the bugera sounded a little more crisp.

I DONT LIKE THE CHINA 12AX7 TUBES,IVE RETUNED THE SOUND AND THE KEY SEEMS THE V3 12AX7 NEEDS TO BE A BRITE SOUNDING TUBE OR THE AMP IS DARK AND NOT ENOUGH HIGHS,I GUESS THE V3 SETS THE EQ ON THE WHOLE AMP ,THE EH12AX7 OUT NOW ARE EXCELENT TUBES,$8.95 A PIECE,U CAN GET MOST ANY TYPE SOUND SWITCHING OUT THOSE STOCK TUBES,IVE GOT THE BEAST GOING MEGA SUSTAIN ON GAIN SETTING 1 AND VOLUME 1 ON LEAD CHANNEL !
REVEIWS ARE LAME,THE BASIC AMP DESIGN IS WAY HIGH GAIN AND HIGH POWER!
SO USE LOW NOISE VTV TESTED TUBES,SOUTH VALLEY VINTAGE AMPS TEST FREE AND VTV TEST FOR GAIN ALSO,BEST TUBE SELLER OUT THERE RIGHT NOW IMOP!
2-12" COMBO SPKRS SOUND VERY GOOD,THOSE 6L6 STOCK TUBES HAVE GOOD DEFINED LOWS,humbucker city!
I COULD NOT PASS UP THE BUGERA ,THE PRICES FOR TUBE AMPS ARE REDICULOUS HIGH IMOP! NOT THESE