Burzum - Belus (aka "Den Hvite Guden") (2010)

2010_belus.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?hcgjnyxtd1b

Enjoy.

I think that's against the rules of the forum.

I'm at work right now, so if it gets deleted can you pm it to me?

Yeah, but so is burning churches, killing your friend, and escaping from prison. I was hesitant to post the link at first, but I figured that if any moderators or admins have a problem with it, they'll just remove the link.

Yeah, well a mod already posted.

Plus, I'm not completely sure, but I have a feeling Varg doesn't care about people downloading.

OMG. This is incredible, just absolutely perfect.

Haven't finished listening yet, but so far, it's an incredible return and I feel like I've gone into a time machine back to 1993.

The production is perfect, the songwriting is superb, I dare say some of the song structures are the most beautiful he's ever recorded (keep in mind, a number of these songs, as tends to be with Burzum releases, are old songs).

I think a number of you will totally lose it when you hear Glemselens Elv. His guitar skills are seemingly improved, in a BIG way.

Amazing. Just amazing.

Sounds like Filosofem 2.0 to me...and that's damn good in my book!

Except Filosofem is much louder. Maybe it's because the version that leaked is a vinyl rip, but if the music industry was fighting a quietness war as opposed to a loudness war, Belus would be winning that krieg.

I really hope this vinyl rip is just a bit muffled or something, because it would really be nice if the vocals were a bit more audible on the real thing. As I'm listening to it there are some parts where I have to remind myself that there even are vocals, which is weird considering how distinctive Varg's voice used to be. This especially noticeable during parts where he's singing with clean vocals, which I think is awesome. Some parts even have a slightly neofolk feel to them, though it's all very much metal.

Overall the songs feel very much like Burzum. The production feels a bit less austere, and... probably more evident that he recorded on digital equipment instead of analogue. But I'm liking it a lot. It's nowhere near a disappointment. Could've been slightly better in some areas, but for what might be called a comeback album after so many years it's fucking exceptional.