Burzum - Belus (aka "Den Hvite Guden") (2010)

Will it change my view of Burzum as overrated if I get this album?
I don't even want to download it, to be honest. You going on about its greatness is depressing enough.

I don't even want to download it, to be honest. You going on about its greatness is depressing enough.

Almost certainly it wouldn't change your views of Burzum; this is very old school Burzum untainted by the commercialization that killed Black Metal. If you didn't like the old Burzum albums you probably will not like this either. Too bad for you, although there's still a chance of you liking it as it's probably the most accessible Burzum album ever.

I doubt it. You should just try give it a listen at least once or twice just for the sake of it.

I'm on my first listen, so I can't give a well judged review.
How long had this been out? a fucking day. How can anyone give a detailed review of this without giving it some serious listens and time? Or even a detailed opinion for that matter. Fuckin' word salad regurgitation. If this was some bedroom one person BM from somewhere in Oregon, would people be falling all over themselves about this album?. I think not. It's Burzum and some are losing their simple minds. I've read where some think this is just "assembled" composition. Whatever that means man. The album was rushed and Varg didn't take his time, just hurried to get it out. The progressions are just followed by "sub-progressions" Another what the fuck does that mean? People should just take their time and fuckin' LISTEN to the album before they comment. Most of what I've read is all just knee-jerk bullshit. I've listened a couple times and I like it. Really, it's pretty much what I expected.

I heard it yesterday and I enjoyed the songs in the middle. I have to relisten today so I have a better picture, but I'm not dissapointed so far, I think I can get into this cd.

It wont change a thing. Burzum hasnt progressed enough to make a difference if you're not a believer. :p

Its a good one but it still sounds very much like Burzum of old (even though I would argue, after just a few listens, it has to many average to weak tracks/parts of songs to be on the same level as "hvit lyset tar oss" for example).

I like Kaimadalthas' Nedstigning. Overally it's growing on me.

How long had this been out? a fucking day. How can anyone give a detailed review of this without giving it some serious listens and time? Or even a detailed opinion for that matter. Fuckin' word salad regurgitation. If this was some bedroom one person BM from somewhere in Oregon, would people be falling all over themselves about this album?. I think not. It's Burzum and some are losing their simple minds. I've read where some think this is just "assembled" composition. Whatever that means man. The album was rushed and Varg didn't take his time, just hurried to get it out. The progressions are just followed by "sub-progressions" Another what the fuck does that mean? People should just take their time and fuckin' LISTEN to the album before they comment. Most of what I've read is all just knee-jerk bullshit. I've listened a couple times and I like it. Really, it's pretty much what I expected.

I think people are just excited he was able to capture the sound he created 20 years ago - so if you're a Burzum fan that's something to get worked up over. Few people are instantly declaring this the best album or anything, it's just nice to have something so highly anticipated actually meet expectations.