Burzum - Belus (aka "Den Hvite Guden") (2010)

I enjoy Belus but not as much as previous albums. It is as good as I expected it would be. When Varg announced he was working on a new black metal album, as some of you may recall, I didn't have the high expectations that many people had.

I think a few too many people creamed their pants at the idea of a new Burzum album and were expecting another Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Filosofem. However, I am satisfied with the new album. On a scale of 1-10, I'd probably give it an 8. I've only listened to it a few times so perhaps it will grow on me with more listens.

I'd say it's my second favorite after Filosofem. I honestly like it better than Hvis. However, I find it to be much more consistent than Filosofem. I didn't like the 25 instrumental Rundgang at all. I found it to be unbearably boring.

I liked Rundgang. Excellent music to put on and just leave on loop with the lights out when you're trying to sleep. Shit fucks you up.

I dont know. I actually play Belus right now and Sverddans just started playing. Its so misplaced. The chorus really sounds like a parody to me. I kind of enjoy the overaly melodic guitar work during the 3/4 of the song but not on a Burzum album. To me it just sounds so misplaced. For me Burzum should sound serious, emotional and atmospheric. Not comic like Sverddans sounds to my ears. I still think he never should have included that one on the album.

i can respect that

I've only heard a portion of one song. I can't remember its name, but it had low clean vocals which I thought were used very well. They weren't in the foreground and comprised a layer of choir-esque sound beneath the lead harsh vocals. I really liked the atmosphere that created.

I'll check out the album soon.

It's my third favorite Burzum album so far. Behind the obvious Filosofem and HLTO.

Same here.

I find it to be much more consistent than Filosofem. I didn't like the 25 instrumental Rundgang at all. I found it to be unbearably boring.

There's a 6:24 sec version of this song on this OST
VA - Gummo Soundtrack (1997)

Rundgang un Die Transzendentale Säule Der Singularität
is the track name

You do not own the internet, www.********* or this site, who gives you the right to tell us what we can or cannot post? All these are first impressions, you don't need to be a genius to realize that a good part of Belus is good music and some of the finest black metal written in a long time. If you disagree, then tell us why you disagree and we can have a proper argument, but I think it is safe to say that Belus is not a bad album at all.

And www.********* is a website for a bunch of falses, so who the **** cares about what they think? You should be ashamed for visiting that website in the first place.
I never said Belus was a bad album. I said I like it. You need to fuckin' relax. I used ANUS as an example for a "too quick" review. I have read the metal reviews on there and they have often praised Burzum. So, being "ashamed for visiting that website" doesn't hold up genius. I never have agreed with their philosophy nor do you make any sense. Read and comprehend before you go off like some little girl who forgot to take her Midol. In this day and age, anyone who has a computer and a internet connection, becomes an instant music critic. After a record has been out for one day, that does not constitute a well-versed and comprehensive review. That's what I was saying. But, why would I think that you care for one second what I was trying to say. This forum is fucking tiresome man. Don't worry, I am gone. I get musical information and opinion from much better places than this whiny, argue-laced forum. I've seen many give their musical ideas and opinions on here and get their heads bashed in for it. Useless, boring and stale is what has become of Ultimate Metal.

Way to pull out your bloodsword and start swinging wildly and tl;dringly

You are quick to throw out "best of the year", "best album of all time" etc etc..you seem very fickle

Having listened to this a bit more, I actually don't find the middle three tracks particularly incredible. The first two and last two are killer though.

Also Morgenrøde > Glemselens Elv

one of the things that makes glemselens elv for me is the super audible bass. but seriously, that song fucking mesmerized me when i first heard it, perfect volume on headphones, eyes closed, it was magical.

During 7:22 of Glemselens Elv, that whole sequence is the best moment of the year for me out of any other song I've heard, just incredible.

That part is incredibly epic. It sounds strikingly similar to a part in WITTR's "Vastness and Sorrow: (starts at 3:02)"

I'm sure varg would slay me for comparing him to a second gen BM band but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator: