BURZUM- what's a good album to start with?

All of the first 5 are classics. I'd probably say 'Hvis' - the first track, Det Som Engang Var(yeah, confusing) is probably one of the most infinately enjoyable pieces of music ever. Like CrimsonFloyd here said, "extreemly dense and complex, but at the same time, ubelivably miniamalistic". Though, i do have a soft spot for the first album, being one of the first BM albums i heard. The ALBUM Det Som Engang Var has 'key to the gate' and 'Den Onde Kysten' on it.....yeah, get the first 5.

While were on the topic of Burzum, someone needs to clear something up for me. He killed Euronymous in 1993. So when did he actually get sentenced and have to go to prison? I was always under the impression that Hvis... and Filosofem were recorded outside of prison, but unless the trial took years, he would have been in prion by the time these albums were released...

crimsonfloyd said:
While were on the topic of Burzum, someone needs to clear something up for me. He killed Euronymous in 1993. So when did he actually get sentenced and have to go to prison? I was always under the impression that Hvis... and Filosofem were recorded outside of prison, but unless the trial took years, he would have been in prion by the time these albums were released...

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss was originally released in 1993, recorded before he was sentenced. Filosofem was actually recorded while he was on leave from jail in 1996. Yes, leave from jail.