what does burzum mean?

i thought someone had started this thread already when i saw "what is a burzum" .. but it wasnt, forgive me if this has already happened .. but what does burzum actually mean? is it a norse word? ive never actually seen it used anywhere else, and i know quite a lot about norse mythology, and in fact general mythology and stuff like that, which i thought this might have been linked to ..

any answers anyone?
cheers if possible

here is my theory.... considering that the word burzum is in the 4th part of the inscription on the one ring, varg was a big LOTR fan
~gR~

It's been a while since I've read the trilogy, but I think it's part of the translation that goes "One ring to rule them all...". I think the burzum part translates to "darkness". But, I could very well be completely wrong.

i tried to find the whole transription and translation, but i had to go play a show. ill keep looking for it though
~gR~

yes it means darkness in the language of mordor.
here's the ring-poem in "the dark language of mordor" (which i in fact will utter here ;)) and in english:

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them all,
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Its correct that Burzum means darkness in the language of Mordor...and yes Varg was/is a big Lord of the Rings/Tolkien fan.

np. ima huge LOTR nut. im learning how to speak and write in sindarin- the common tongue of "elvish"
~gR~

Me too! I can write it quite well now.....Well, write english in Elvish....I traslated those inscriptions at the beginning of The Silmarillion...I also have downloaded a Sindarin dictonary:)