Burzum

Dreamlord said:
Well, I personally can't stand Burzum, and I really tried. But I will agree with npearce. His cover art was magnificent. Hvis... had an awesome cover. I thought the debut had a great cover also.

The cover is a painting from a pictures series called "Svartedauden"...A famous norwegian painter called "Kittelsen" have painted them.

dimensionidol said:
he uses theodor kittelsen marvellous peaceful images for his violent and national bullshit pride!

he have to be ashamed of it:(

on the other hand otyg use very well these images.(kind of peaceful naturalism; more close to kittelsen ideas i think):D

and again burzum ambient is really a clone of klaus schulze one.

so varg:puke: i am disgusted!

You make me sick...Italian fag. You are a christian right? You have to be! Fuck you and your whole country..

I like a lot Burzum, very original and unique
My fav are "Hvis.." & "Filosofem".
Filosofem got a very interesing production and mixage, that sound "hypnotic". U can heard many musical lines (the guitars part) in the same time, but it s hard to describe, it depends on what u put the focus on.
I like also the more atmospheric stuffs like the 2 last ones.

The covers art fit very well with the music, but i accept the "Dauldi..." one is not very good.

About the voice,... well it s black metal, so what do u expect from that ? :) Anyway sometimes it's difficult to hear it, but it sound well and fit alot with the music.

The only thing I dont like in Burzum it the ideological background that turn around Varg, but that another dicussion...

For me a major band in the black metal history...

I dont think i can add much more to what has been said. Burzum is very unique and definitely one of my favourite bands. My favs are Burzum/Aske and Hvis. As many might agree the opening track on Hvis is unmatchable.

I bought Hlidskjalf ages ago but didnt like it. I was too busy listening to other metal. I didnt bother with it for months, then one time i figured I may as well just listen to it again. Instantly I became hooked. First time round I missed all the atmosphere, dunno how, maybe I was drunk? :ill:

EdgeCrusher77 said:
The only thing I dont like in Burzum it the ideological background that turn around Varg, but that another dicussion...

For me a major band in the black metal history...

I might have read this wrongly, but Euro was Left wing, right? He tried to influence the other BM bands of that time to be Leftist as well. From what I read, it was Varg that disagreed and promoted Right wing beliefs? To be honest, I dont like extreme left wing politics. I think Varg saved BM from being extreme left wing. However, I do not share his extreme right wing views, but my own views are much more conservative/traditionalist; ie somewhere right of centre.
Agreed, that Burzum is one of the major BM bands.

Has anyone heard the Old Funeral stuff? He played guitar for them at one point.
Or, has anyone heard the tribute cd, Visions? It has great Burzum covers. Of course the originals are superb, but its good to hear various twists of the same tunes.

Euromynous was a communist, true, and I generally hate communism and its followers, but Euro is excused because he was a commie for the right reasons: He loved to see people suffer. He didn't try to make people think it was the ideology of love or anything such.

Sorath said:
Euromynous was a communist, true, and I generally hate communism and its followers, but Euro is excused because he was a commie for the right reasons: He loved to see people suffer. He didn't try to make people think it was the ideology of love or anything such.

I'm not sure how being communist means you inherently love to see people suffer. Either way, you probably know more than I do, so i'm not going to argue. :p
Though going by what i've read about the scene, Euro liked being evil and promoting evilness/satanism etc etc. Pretty much as you said.

"I'm not sure how being communist means you inherently love to see people suffer." <--- The other way around, he loved to see people suffer and inherently liked communism. Then again, I never knew the guy, but that's how I interpret his words.

Cuyen the Varg Vikernes attitude of killing Euronymous, I'm going to put his keyboard on the pussy

Once again with talking about Burzum, it turns into political subjects, and in the boring subject of who is the "good"/who is the "bad" and the stupid "war" - the true ones against the false ones (see the InnerBlack Circle...)
I dont care about that kind of shit...
It's a never ending discussion about the affinities of the Black Metal & the extremism (religion,political - left or right...)
Please go back to music
That's all for me with this discussion...

he's given up black metal for good. didn't he want to becomce a computer programmer after his release? or is that just some rumor? i read it somewhere on the world wiiiiild web so it most likely is... rant rant ramble *yawn*

All that i know from this guy is that want to join the french foreign legion (military special staff, one of the harder in the world).
If u look at his music it s easy to understand that nothing more can be do, he's arrived at the end of his project/concept, so there will be no more burzum album...

burzum kicks ass
i dont agree with vargs politics though except i think its okay to burn churches.
filosofem is my favorite burzum record and hlidskjalf is my favorite from the keyboard era. im not being sarcastic when i say varg has one of the best singing voices ever.