Bushy concerning Amnesty International: "people who HATE AMERICA."

No, I figured it was just a semi-joke. I wasn't really directing it at you because I figured that was tongue in cheek, but it just reminded me of all the lame Crusty Punks arond here burning flags etc etc.

Symbols only mean what people wants them to mean. The cross isn't considered a torture-tool anymore, it represents christianity. The american flag isn't a symbol of what America was meant to be, it's a symbol of what america is; and people don't like that, therefore, they inverted it. Nothing wrong with that.

I can definitely relate to what your saying. Fuck those people... maybe I posted it for the shock value, maybe I posted it just because I can, maybe I posted it for a lot of reasons. America has never done anything bad to ME personally. Though I might hate our politics, I am still able to say "Fuck George W. Bush in his stupid fucking face" and then move to Canada when I graduate.... and it is great to have those freedoms.

Crimson Velvet said:
Symbols only mean what people wants them to mean.t's a symbol of what america is; and people don't like that, therefore, they inverted it. Nothing wrong with that.

Mhmm, to some people this is true I guess. I just think its not. :D

EDIT: Look down there VVV for one of the amazing american inventions. DOLLAR MENUS.

Marksveld said:
Do I really seem like a serious guy?
any guy who wears a seafood triangle hat can't be taken seriously:loco:
Project2.jpg

KILL TULLY said:
Some people think that the this is a price that needs to be payed in order to bring freedom to a nation once heald in the fists of a dictator. Yes, I know the VAST majority of you think that the war in Iraq is "bull-shit" and we should mind our "own buisness", but some feel that it IS our buisness to watch the back of other nations who can't help themselves out as well as if we where to lend our forces to there cause.
You assume that the US does anything but act solely in its self-interest. We do not take down dictatorships because we want to "spread freedom" that's just a line of propaganda bullshit.

How many dictatorships does the US gov't directly support? Remember we used to support Saddam, until he was no longer of use to us.

When was he of use to us when we where supporting him?

(real question, no hidden meaning)

EDIT: Also, i understand that is propaganda, and of course I don't base my opinions around it. I base my opinions around what I've been seeing and reading, such as free elections in Iraw, more rights for women, etc etc.

Also, what I said isn't necasarily my opinion, just an opposing view to the usual on this board.

And I still can't spell. =(

that leader is Kazakstan or whatever its called that Bush and Rummy love so much? He has his dissidents lowered into boiling water.

nice.

are we springing forth to rescue that total genocide situation in Africa? ummm.....no.

are we helping people in our own back yard, namely Haiti, who live under grinding, unimaginable poverty? ummmm....no.

are we engaged in a love fest with Vladimir Putin, an ex-KGB guy who is slowly bring Russia back to a totalitarian regime? oh yeah.

the simple fact is that "saddam was a bad guy and so we were forced to take action!" is the only excuse they've got left, after all their previous excuses were found to be false.

don't forget, we loved Sexy Sadie when he was our boy.
rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

lizard said:
that leader is Kazakstan or whatever its called that Bush and Rummy love so much? He has his dissidents lowered into boiling water.

nice.

are we springing forth to rescue that total genocide situation in Africa? ummm.....no.

are we helping people in our own back yard, namely Haiti, who live under grinding, unimaginable poverty? ummmm....no.

are we engaged in a love fest with Vladimir Putin, an ex-KGB guy who is slowly bring Russia back to a totalitarian regime? oh yeah.

the simple fact is that "saddam was a bad guy and so we were forced to take action!" is the only excuse they've got left, after all their previous excuses were found to be false.

don't forget, we loved Sexy Sadie when he was our boy.
rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

All very good points, but why does this change what we are doing in Iraq? Because we are not doing it in other places we shouldn't do it there?

We liked Hitler when he was a good dude to, does that mean we shouldn't have fought him when we felt he went bad?

KILL TULLY said:
When was he of use to us when we where supporting him?

(real question, no hidden meaning)
Saddam was like a doll to the US State Dept. in the 80's, until he royally pissed us off by invading Kuwait, and get this, because Kuwait was overproducing oil getting the US cheaper prices, against OPEC regulations:

http://www.american.edu/projects/mandala/TED/ice/kuwait.htm

Also for people that think rotten.com is only full of disgusting photos, here's an excellent bio which explains Saddam's relationship with the US very nicely:

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/dictators/saddam-hussein/

Fuck this. I even deleted my post.

These folks got their 4 more years, so the rest of us will just wait for a better day. This is nothing but a blemish in modern history. A simple blot on the landscape.

Cool, reading those now.

But what about my prior question about oil?

Many people say we only go to the middle east for oil reasons. If this is true, why didn't we keep the oil fields after the first gulf war?

I've always assumed that we can't really "conquer" an oil field directly, as that would just piss off OPEC, start about 6 more wars, not to mention get all the people like me to yell TOLD YOU SO!!! (even though I wouldn't, because I'm not spiteful like that, and besides the fact that I already know the truth. :p )

So what the US does instead is start a war against the AXIS OF EVIL, you get the biblical angle and no it's not about oil, it's about GOOD V. EVIL. Although honestly, I still don't know what this second Gulf War is all about. Bush said "he tried to kill my dad" so I have a tendency to believe this is finishing up what his dad didn't have time to do.
JayKeeley said:
These folks got their 4 more years, so the rest of us will just wait for a better day. This is nothing but a blemish in modern history. A simple blot on the landscape.
I don't see it as just a blot anymore, which is why I plan on leaving. Even with Bushy's dropping popularity, something will happen to rally 'round him and his cronies, probably just in time to solidify a hawkish Republican victory in 2008.

Oh concerning Saddam, I know he's a bad guy and I'm glad he's gone. But we didn't get rid of him because he was a bad guy, the whole time we were giving him $$$ is when he was gassing Kurds in his wee desert Auschwitz.

For Election 2008 I hope it's Condoleeza v. Hillary, because then crazy white right wingers down south will be forced to vote for "one o' them damn my pals" over one of the EVIL Clintons. :Spin:

Hypothetical Question Time:

If we had never gone to Iraq, and never tried to disarm Sadam, and he did have WMD and he did Nuke the USA or some other country, doesn't really matter which, because the government listend to the Leftwing this time instead of the Right wing, what would you say/do?

Not presenting this as a "HUH?! WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN YOU COMMIE DICKFUCKS?!?!?!" just a serious question as to what you would say/do if that happend?

My mom picked up some Hillary biography by one of her haters, she said it's just hysterical how they make her into a monster, one passage said "she's a lesbian and doesn't wear any makeup" like that was akin to murder. :lol: :erk:

Fuck me, I don't get it. There's this book I saw at Barnes y Noble a few weeks ago, it talked about how the middle class was duped into working against itself by voting for far right policies, like how farmers in the midwest vehemently fought for the Republican Party, who quite literally shits on them all the time. WTF I say, WTF.