By The Pain I See In Others

Nov 20, 2006
Chicago
Who thinks this song is underrated? It's the highlight of Deliverance for me. The "Rise to submission" part is awesome, especially the first and fourth times (with the crazy double bass). I also like the part at about 8:15 and the heavy part afterwards.

I know Mikael really dislikes this song, although I'm not sure why. I'd love to see them play this live, but I doubt it'll happen.

Definitely underrated, its an awesome evil song. Not one of the best songs on Deliverance, but the whole album is a masterpiece imo so that doesn't say much.

It is probably one of Opeth's worst. That meaning that it's pretty good by other bands standards, but for Opeth it's not anything to call home about. It starts off all right, but it just tends to drag. Too long in my opinion.

I like it, it's not their best, and it's quite strange, but I think it makes a good end to that album. I always wonder if they'd be able to pull it off live, but I guess if Mikael doesn't like it he wouldn't want to anyway.

Great song. But I hate the fact that it's hated by so many. I think I remember Mike posting here one time saying that he'd consider doing it live some time and said it would be a challenge or something.

BTPISIO ranks very high in my list of Opeth favorites. It gets so much hate yet I find it to be a really good song.

I think it's probably Opeth's worst song, and their only really bad one. Let's just say it's the only Opeth songs that, when it comes up in my playlist, I press the next button.

^What about Eternal Soul Torture?

Also, you forgot a comma between Hans Zimmer and the Eagles.
I try to Ignore Eternal Soul Torture and Into the Frost of Winter :lol:
I consider them B-sides at best.
And about that sig - yeah I should replace it anyway, it's been through some changes I guess.

I try to Ignore Eternal Soul Torture and Into the Frost of Winter :lol:
I consider them B-sides at best.
And about that sig - yeah I should replace it anyway, it's been through some changes I guess.

They cannot even be considered that, they were not meant to be released in the first place.