C4 for guitar -- static or dynamic settings?

Could you explain this better? Change the setting on different parts of the track? Change it on a different amp? Change it for different takes? Change it for rhythm/solo work? What do you mean?

i think, that generally, most people will fine tune the settings in a compressor until it is working for anything happening in the song

i've heard lots of productions where compression settings change with the beat tho, so maybe the big boys who mix for a lot of cashola optimize every second of audio by changing attack and release according to material

im sorta the "set it and forget it" type

Genius Gone Insane said:
Sorry, I meant "parts for a track"...the amp and player stay the same throughout the song, but do the settings change? ie from a fast riff to a slow breakdown chord deal...do you switch it then? sorry i can't explain better.

If it is necessary, then yes. It rarely ever is necessary though, cause if a part needs a different compressor, I will usually have it on extra tracks and those tracks get their separate compressor (i.e. clean guitar breakdown in a very heavy song).

Yeah, I usually leave them so that there working most of the time on the song and don't change them much between different parts. If I would need to change it, I bet I would need to retrack it too if it was that much different.