Call me crazy, but I LOVE the ending of the title track!

It put me in a trance the second time I heard it...knowing what to expect...someone was talking to me, but all I could hear was that kickass double-bass CRASH CRASH daggadaggadagga...I love it. And that piano tone (?) that comes in at the end. sweeeet

::licks chops:: :p

The ending of Deliverance is one of my favorite endings of all time. I can't explain it.

Three minutes of repetition is not enough - I could take more. It is powerful and mesmerizing.

It's great, I agree... and it was the first section on my initial listen that really surprised me! I disliked it first, but it grew on me: The repetitive drum "riff" somewhat reminds me of Tool...

it's pretty cool. I like the riff at 7:37 though.. with the clean vox behind it.. rock on

I just got the album today. it's pretty good shit. only other Opeth album I have is MAYH. (which is why none of you have ever seen me around these parts ;) )

the end is simply unbelievable.. great atmosphere.. it is required a lot of talent to create such atmosphere only by drum playing

Originally posted by Elysian Blaze
:lol: I remember seeing you bash this song in another thread. Something about how you can't stay awake through the whole thing. Are you not big on Deliverance as a whole, or just that song?

Actually I like the album as a whole, but that one sont just grates on me. Too much repetition.