Call me crazy, but I LOVE the ending of the title track!

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
I've read SO MANY reviews here of fans stating that they wished "Deliverance's" ending would be shorter, etc., but I MUST say - I LOVE it!

I feel that it really adds to the atmosphere of the song, and, IMO, is a highlight of the album!

It reminds me of the CLASSIC tune by My Dying Bride, "The Crown of Sympathy". The 3 minute 'fade out' on that song is breathtakingly beautiful & priceless, and really helps to paint a wonderful portrait of that song's sad, sorrowful vibe.

By the way, I've only listened to the album 4 times now, and I don't feel it's as bad as many have stated, nor as good as many others have stated. But it's still waaaayy too early to tell.

you're not alone, there's me too, who's listening to that ending right now... amazing: it grew in me, but now it's just amazing, nothing less!

Originally posted by SoundMaster
I've read SO MANY reviews here of fans stating that they wished "Deliverance's" ending would be shorter, etc., but I MUST say - I LOVE it!

I feel the same thing !! I love this hypnotic repetitive part, and the rythm is great !!

I have listened to the album countless times since I got it last Thursday, and the ending of Deliverance still amazes me.
I doubt that it will ever get old, IMO it just fits and gives the song a great atmosphere.
I don't think it's to old either, in fact it wouldn't be as hypnotic as it is if it was shorter...

I just stick Deliverance in, press play and don't need to touch the remote for the next 1 hour, 2 minutes and 4 seconds :)

And yes, Deliverance ending is spectacular..a nd I love that wailing noise during it, really does add to the overall effect..can't really tell what's creating it, but it's brilliant.

... then again, you named yourself for a song that, when I listen to it, I expect Mikael at any moment to start growling, "See our mother... put to death! See our mother diieeee!" ..... [/blasphemy]

yes the ending's cool. they could do it without one or two repeats (remember morningrise's one killer riff after another completely different?) but its still very good...
mhh i guess the tilte track was the first one i really liked and still do it.. yes deliverance is good.. :)

Originally posted by inferenzum
... then again, you named yourself for a song that, when I listen to it, I expect Mikael at any moment to start growling, "See our mother... put to death! See our mother diieeee!" ..... [/blasphemy]

According to the production problems it might just be opeth's ...and justice for all album in their career. Bet the next one is gonna be a soft one. lol

Originally posted by inferenzum

:lol: I remember seeing you bash this song in another thread. Something about how you can't stay awake through the whole thing. Are you not big on Deliverance as a whole, or just that song?