Calling all Opeth homos

Honestly Mort, if you listen to Moonlapse Vertigo (more than just once through) and not like it, you've got problems imo. Moolapse Vertigo is one of their easier songs to get into, but yet still showcases what is so phenominal about Opeth. Do it for me? :cry:

It's too bad we will never hear that song live. I remember Mikael saying that the dual layered guitars are hard to duplicate live, so they don't play it. I have heard them play White Cluster once tho' and it was amazing.

Agreed. The only song I truly like is Under the Weeping Moon. The whole album is a bore.

Orchid is one of Opeths better albums. 'The Twilight Is My Robe' is phantastic and most other songs on that album too. however, MAYH ist their masterpiece, while BWP is the Opeth release i like the least

Orchid is one of Opeths better albums. 'The Twilight Is My Robe' is phantastic and most other songs on that album too. however, MAYH ist their masterpiece, while BWP is the Opeth release i like the least

This is how I list their albums:

1. Still Life
2. MAYH
3-4. Morningrise/BWP
5. Deliverance
6. Ghost Reveries
7. Orchid
8. Damnation

Don't get me wrong, I like Damnation, but it's allure dwindled pretty fast, mainly because I overplayed it.

i rank them this way

1. MAYH
2. Orchid
3. Still Life
4. Morningrise
5. Ghost Reveries
6. Deliverance + Damnation (i count these both as one)
7. BWP

Just bought tickets to see these guys May 2nd. Should be great. I've seen them once already and they put on an amazing show.

Jesus fucking christ! I just looked up the prices for the Chicago show in May. $45 for the ticket + a $9.60 convenience fee. $54.60 just to see Opeth and Dream Theater? :erk: Plus I have to drive all the way up there, which is a 3+ hour drive. God, I might have to reconsider going now. This fucking sucks!