Calling all Opeth homos

I liked this video. I'm not really huge into Opeth (a lot of the chord progressions they use are off-putting in some intangible way), but I have a great deal of respect for them and their music and I won't pass up seeing them if I can afford to see Dream Theater this June (Opeth is co-headlining).

I'd laugh pretty hard if I ever met someone who only likes death or black metal. That's pretty sad.

Certainly a person like that would've had to like less extreme music at one point, since it's pretty much impossible to just jump into extreme metal. I think rejecting music that isn't "brutal" or "evil" is a sign of psychological damage.

This is true, yet their individual parts are among the best riffs I've ever heard. Also, I haven't seen a metal band write a truly musically streamlined song (aside from Summoning haha). People may argue that black metal does that, but a lot of black metal music could have easily been made by retards. Like someone said before it's "metal in a nutshell;" Opeth just take it to a higher level heh.
Iron Maiden's "Aces High" is pretty concise and neatly packaged, right down to its almost perfect mirror structure.

That's what all my friends say about death metal. They're not idiots, they just don't get it...
I would say grindcore perfectly matches the way people who hate extreme metal perceive extreme metal. A huge, ugly, sloppy mockery of death metal.

That's what all my friends say about death metal. They're not idiots, they just don't get it...

They're idiots.

I think rejecting music that isn't "brutal" or "evil" is a sign of psychological damage.

I reject Opeth because it's crappy. Ted Nugent>Opeth

The choce is obvious

I would say grindcore perfectly matches the way people who hate extreme metal perceive extreme metal. A huge, ugly, sloppy mockery of death metal.

Grindcore kicks ass, you're just missing the point.

The point is to have fun. If you're serious all the time your ass recedes into yourself like a vaccum. When you pull the cork out let us know.

I like Orchid and all but fucking hell, that song needs to lose like 6 minutes.

Orchid is by far the worst album.

Obzen by meshuggah might beat it. I've only listened to one song (just like the opeth one), but it sounded better then this one.

And we've still got 9 months dude...

Obzen is good and all but it's hard to imagine it being better than an Opeth album

Mathiäs;7064999 said:
Orchid is by far the worst album.

Obzen is good and all but it's hard to imagine it being better than an Opeth album

Well, I just listened to it, actually, and I am finding it better then any opeth album. I was very impressed with the way the music was aesthetically linked to the lyrics. It is not as mathy as nothing, but the riffs were more evocative. I really liked obZen. As for opeth, they are a very good band, but they've never blown me away. It is hard for me to imagine opeth anything as album of the year. They are great but not the best.

Oh, and I like orchid a lot. No way is it by far their weakest album.

i don't think i know of any homosexuals who like opeth. my best friend is gay and he worships diana ross but he has never mentioned opeth.