Calling all Opeth homos

OPETH IS BORING AND WHY DO YOU ALL CARE FOR LIKE 2 PAGES TO JUSTIFY HOW MUCH THEY ACTUALLY SOOK

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Fine, I'll make sure not to argue my points when they are certain to offend someone from here on. After all, we wouldn't want to offend someone, that would be bad... I'll try and learn the art of arguing my negative opinions interlaced with a lot of IMO's and huge buckets of hippie-fucking-love.

Imo, Opeth has declined slighty in quality over the years, being perhaps slightly prone to stagnation, but just a little bit! Also, I tend to dislike their lyrics, well written and crafted as they are, due to their tendency to being a little bit overly artsy with little actual substance. I'm also a little bit disappointed in Opeth's new-found semi-rockstar attitude, because I remember that they used to be good guys. Imo.

Well, that was tedious...
Your post smacks of a teenager who thinks he has something to prove on the internet.

Most everything we state on here is an opinion, but it's possible to state your opinion without being a dick about it, and that doesn't mean you need to throw in an IMO per sentence. If you really don't get that, I imagine you won't make many friends, but it seems much more likely to me that you're just being a dick on purpose. So please, y'know, stop it.

He's very much not a teenager, but he sure does act like one a great majority of the time. CV, here's an idea; stop victimizing yourself and learn how to be civil when discussing a band with other human beings on a forum. Also just because you dislike the rockstars they became is actually no logical reason to dislike their music since there isn't necessarily a provable causal connection between the two.

Also you can express a negative opinion about bands without being annoyingly holier-than-thou about it; I do it quite a bit. If you don't like a band and go into a topic specifically about them and run your mouth about things you dislike about them (especially illogical things like "omg they sold out and i knew them when they were good guys wtf"), that's called trolling.

Fine, I'll make sure not to argue my points when they are certain to offend someone from here on. After all, we wouldn't want to offend someone, that would be bad... I'll try and learn the art of arguing my negative opinions interlaced with a lot of IMO's and huge buckets of hippie-fucking-love.

Imo, Opeth has declined slighty in quality over the years, being perhaps slightly prone to stagnation, but just a little bit! Also, I tend to dislike their lyrics, well written and crafted as they are, due to their tendency to being a little bit overly artsy with little actual substance. I'm also a little bit disappointed in Opeth's new-found semi-rockstar attitude, because I remember that they used to be good guys. Imo.

stop

lol you don't have any "points"...you just dislike the band and for some reason feel that expressing your nonsensical opinions is necessary in showing how knowledgeable you are.
I personally couldn't care less, seeing as half your "points" I've heard from Opeth bashers alike, and they don't really prove anything besides the fact that you don't like the band.
V5 is right about you trolling. However, if you respectably stated your opinion and didn't drag on a series of arguments for 2 pages, then it wouldn't have been considered trolling.

EDIT: I also don't understand what you mean by Mike and the guys having rock-star attitudes lol...they're really nice guys.

He's very much not a teenager, but he sure does act like one a great majority of the time. CV, here's an idea; stop victimizing yourself and learn how to be civil when discussing a band with other human beings on a forum. Also just because you dislike the rockstars they became is actually no logical reason to dislike their music since there isn't necessarily a provable causal connection between the two.

Also you can express a negative opinion about bands without being annoyingly holier-than-thou about it; I do it quite a bit. If you don't like a band and go into a topic specifically about them and run your mouth about things you dislike about them (especially illogical things like "omg they sold out and i knew them when they were good guys wtf"), that's called trolling.

I agree that this has gone on for way too long, which, frankly, was my intent, but this was not the direction I had in mind. I had, however, hoped that some debate could be born from the barren soil that litters the ground around. I see now that that is unlikely.

As for the teenagerism (yeah I made that word up) and victimization, I'm not even sure if I'll dignify that with a reply. You see, both of those scenarios would imply that I took any of what happened here personally. And let's face it, that too is quite unlikely. My last post was an attempt at illustrating how few consequential differences there would be if I only altered my tone an apologetic one, but of course, this flew straight over everyone's head, and was taken as further criticism of Opeth, which was not the point, AT ALL. Why would I just repeat what I had just said, if not for some alternative purpose? It would make no sense.

I just come here from time to time in search of a good discussion. Perhaps even learn something. And heated discussions are always the best - most illuminating - ones, wouldn't you say?

I'm pretty that went over precisely no one's head. People got mad because it was snide and annoying, not because they misread your intent: you prefaced the comment with an explanatory paragraph ("...interlaced with a lot of IMO's and huge buckets of hippie-fucking-love...") and it wasn't exactly subtle to begin with.

If you want to be taken seriously and not as a troll I don't think you need to explain your past comments. Just amend the haughty, confrontational tone in any future installments.