Calling all Opeth homos

:lol:

Worst thing about Pink Floyd? Their obnoxious fans who think that if someone dislikes the band they're missing something or can't comprehend the music.

Worst thing about Pink Floyd? Their obnoxious fans who think that if someone dislikes the band they're missing something or can't comprehend the music.

I didn't say that you're missing anything, or that you're unable to comprehend anything. All I said is that you're impatient; and apparently you have a low self-esteem as well.

I wouldn't say they are idiots, they merely have very narrow musical tastes. Yes, I admit that my musical taste is narrow, but I am not ignorant enough to say that something I don't like sucks just because I don't like it. For instance, I hate Led Zeppelin's music, but I'm not gonna say they suck.

I can understand someone not enjoying Pink Floyd, rare as it may be. But someone enjoying Pain of Salvation and not liking Pink Floyd? :zombie:

It's like having a hot girl and then going out with her ugly sister.

I'm not hearing the underlying logic that's supposed to unify all the elements within their songs together. It just sounds like musical masturbation to me. The method seems to be "let's put this dark sounding riff here because it sounds cool, now let's put this other part after it because I think this part sounds cool too, now let's throw in a clean riff for good measure, now a totally badass solo because people need to know that I'm learning how to shred these days, now let's repeat that one riff we played earlier so we can have some justification for calling this a song, etc., etc."

I'd like to hear your explanation of why a song you think is unified is any different. Moreover, i'm not even sure why unification makes a song better.

I'd like to hear your explanation of why a song you think is unified is any different.

It would be different by virtue of being unified and not simply some collection of aural ejaculations designed to impress muso faggotrons. How hard is this to understand?

Moreover, i'm not even sure why unification makes a song better.

I like listening to music with some conceptual coherence; maybe that doesn't matter to you. Now run along and go bother somebody else, cockmonkey.

I can understand someone not enjoying Pink Floyd, rare as it may be. But someone enjoying Pain of Salvation and not liking Pink Floyd? :zombie:

It's like having a hot girl and then going out with her ugly sister.

Ugly girls make me less nervous :loco:

But seriously, Danny G's voice alone is better than anything in PF

He's easily the best vocalist in modern music still alive today, and a damned good musician overall. (If Jeff Buckley were still alive then well, Danny G would be second best.)