Camera Policy Announcement

Ironically, this invalidates my biggest attraction to sponsorship: bringing in the camera. :p

But then, I'm too old (or cynical, not sure which, at 30) to be standing on the rail all night to get the shots. Also, while it was my biggest reason, it sure as hell wasn't the only reason. Hehe.

+1, except for the 30 part (add 7).

I've dropped 15 pounds and plan on dropping another 15 before September.

No, seriously, I shoot with a 5D2 upped from my XTi with the 24-70mm F2.8L - It's pretty glorious. :D

From a local venue, I shot the band Vayden.

Nice setup dude! I just recently got an EOS 7D and I'm really digging it. Now I just have to save up and get a better lense. I'm looking at the L series that you have along with a few others.

el oh el, you guys are old.
Heh, yea right youngsta.

Good job on both your new "bodies". Just spent a boat load on studio lighting etc. to expand the business outside of music, so had to pass on the "body" upgrade for the camera. Not bowing out of the music industry, but have to find a more viable outlet for income.

Actually pleased to see the photography rules expanded for Progpower. Just wish there was some way to make a little more room in the pit for little people, but that's just how it is. All positive IMO.

As a sponsor, can I still bring my camera bag?

Yes.

When you say large camera bags does that automatically ban any dslr camera or would we be able to bring in the camera so long as we didn't have a bag full of lenses to go with it?

DSLRs are permitted for everyone. Small camera bags are permitted for everyone. Extra lenses are permitted, provided they fit in the aforementioned small camera bag.

The guiding principle is to accommodate camera geeks while keeping us from becoming a nuisance or danger to others: massive lenses, tripods or monopods, most camera backpacks, any large camera cases on wheels etc fall in the "too much" category. Think about it: you have no secure place to leave your expensive gear, which means you have to carry it on your person at all times. A loaded camera backpack would double your floor space footprint.

Does this mean that I can bring a daypack into the venue again?

Perhaps, if you keep it small and put a camera in it. :)

Glenn, just as a suggestion: after the fest is over, adding a "Fans' Gallery" page to the PP site, where you could list links to fan gallery pages, might be a good idea to keep people engaged.
Although it was on a somewhat larger scale, we used to do this with the Dragon*Con website and the veritable firestorm of image galleries that came flooding in after the con was just astonishing....and people were hitting the galleries like hotcakes.

Nice setup dude! I just recently got an EOS 7D and I'm really digging it. Now I just have to save up and get a better lense. I'm looking at the L series that you have along with a few others.

I was trying to talk myself into the 7D, but after considering what I was shooting and where, I needed a full frame sensor and better ISO performance. I would've blown so many of my recent shots with a 7D. I would consider picking one up as a 2nd body in a heart beat though, if ever my finances allow it.

AMBR said:
Good job on both your new "bodies". Just spent a boat load on studio lighting etc. to expand the business outside of music, so had to pass on the "body" upgrade for the camera. Not bowing out of the music industry, but have to find a more viable outlet for income.

Thanks! No doubt about the insane money needed for studio lighting. I actually found a local studio with lighting and everything included except the camera for $25 an hour. It's crazy and I'll be trying it out for sure. I'm trying to break INTO concert photography more and more, and want to do band promo shots as well, and expand to sports and weddings, possibly portraits.

Harvester said:
it fizzeled out over the past few years for whatever reason.

LOL

I've dropped 15 pounds and plan on dropping another 15 before September.

No, seriously, I shoot with a 5D2 upped from my XTi with the 24-70mm F2.8L - It's pretty glorious. :D

From a local venue, I shot the band Vayden.

NAILZ congratz on your new sexy body!! :oops: And your camera too!! :p I'm so proud of youuu!! Welcome to the world of full frame =) Isn't it like INFINITELY better? lol :lol: =) I can't wait to see your shots this year!! I've made some lens upgrades & and second body so I am SUUPER looking forward to shooting this year! AND I am SO excited about the subject matter as well!! I am packing extra granola bars and 5 hour energy packs this year! :loco:

INo doubt about the insane money needed for studio lighting.

I'm going veer off topic and then discipline myself for off-topic posting, but: check out strobism if you haven't already. Cheap gear, great results, highly addictive. Next time you're surfing flickr, notice how many great photos are tagged with 'strobist' (and many of them explain the techniques used.)

Now back to camera policy discussion.

I'm going veer off topic and then discipline myself for off-topic posting, but: check out strobism if you haven't already. Cheap gear, great results, highly addictive. Next time you're surfing flickr, notice how many great photos are tagged with 'strobist' (and many of them explain the techniques used.)

Now back to camera policy discussion.

Killer, thanks. I'll have a look. I do have a lot of flickr contacts that are pros and list the strobist setups they use, which is nice. I just don't know what lights do what.

Anyway, yes, Minerva, full frame shooting is fucking AWESOME. I had no idea how much of a difference it made as I'd always been on crop, and I'm going to get some KILLER awesome shots this year. I think most of the bands are going to be extremely photogenic. Pretty excited to see what this year is going to yield for everyone!

Are you going to use your trusty 50mm or the sexy 24-70mm f/2.8 L? :saint: I am going to break my wrist lugging in the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II this year but I'm quite happy I can bring in my tiny pocket camera too so I don't have to break my neck with the SLR when I want to take pictures with friends and the bands. I have no pictures of me at Progpower with anyone because no one could take a proper picture when manhandling my camera :lol: