Can anybody find me somebody to love?

I'm guitar obsessed because i've played guitar for the past 3 and a half years.
My name is Slash Freeman for reasons i will not explain, basically because i don't want to tell any of you. none of you have given me a reason to do so, and you all seem to be acting like arseholes to me.

1 final comment before i leave this "discussion", to you xenophobe:

You may well be more guitar obsessed than me, i don't know and frankly i don't care. i am as guitar obsessed as i am, no more, no less. i know that my guitar is my life, and that's why i don't carry it anywhere. maybe now i'll be able to carry more stuff i need on my back i'll switch back to using the hard case. i used the gig bag to carry my guitar to school when i had a pretty full bag on my back and couldn't fit stuff like the tuner and effects box in. i can fit them both into the gig bag along with enough cables so i decided to start using that, taking into consideration that it wasn't a particularly long walk to school and i always walked carefully. i carried my guitar extremely carefully, picked her up and placed her down with extreme caution. i never let anyone touch her unless they were people i knew and trusted well enough to know they wouldn't hurt her. you may ask why i bothered with the effects box. because there were only bass amps in the school, so to get a sound i liked i brought that along. i need the tuner because my ears have never been that good for picking out notes. i can tune a guitar to itself pretty accurately, but i can't tell if it's the right notes, so i need the tuner. maybe in a few years my ears will become more attuned, but until then the tuner will be neccessary.

Now, i'm sorry we got off to such a bad start. you don't know me and i don't know you. maybe if i'd been feeling better when i first spoke to you we might have gotten along better, although you seem a bit to sure of your own opinions for my tastes. just an outsiders view, though, and an outsider whos been there and done that and has just had a bad few hours (i'm surprised how calm i am right now). we're both guitarists, as a lot of people who have said things in this thread are, but you all seem to have a very low opinion of me due to me getting pissed off at someone making a joke out of my guitar. it's because of my love for my guitar that i acted the way i did. maybe you'd do the same thing, i don't know. and maybe you didn't even make a joke and it was just my reaction, i don't know. i just know i got pissed off a xenophobe because he either misunderstood something i said, or i didn't say what i meant. but i guess that's just the way life goes. i'm not totally convinced it was just me in the wrong here, but i apologies to you all anyway. i guess we'll see each other round here even now and then, but i doubt we'll say much to each other. which is a shame, 'cos it's nice to find another welshman. i'm not fully welsh, but partly. i guess the rest of it is Scottish stubbornnes.

Originally posted by Slash Freeman
you all seem to be acting like arseholes to me.
[...]
you all seem to have a very low opinion of me due to me getting pissed off at someone making a joke out of my guitar
Excuse me, but you claimed you would have beaten the brains out of some kid who accidently hit your guitar gig bag if you had caught him.
How do you expect us to react?
I don't play guitar, maybe if I did I would be obsessed the way you are, I kinda know that type of reaction...
But anyway, this thread didn't go in any unpredictable way, did it?

And until you posted that guitar-obsessoin stuff, I had a very high opinion of you. You seemed to be very mature, cool and calm. No I'm not sure anymore. But mostly, I don't really care... This crap went in a direction I don't want to take part in.
I just can't keep my fingers from typing... :rolleyes:

Have a nice day

Northern viking: the kid who hit my guitar was a ned. and he didn't accidentally hit it. he meant to hit either me or my guitar. if he'd have hit me i wouldn't have cared, but like i said my guitar is my life. maybe i did over react, i don't know. but i can't help reacting the way i do when someone hits my guitar, especially a ned. neds give me so much shit for being who i am that i can't help reacting the way i do to them. neds are the ones who make life difficult for me and my friends, and for people like us. as long as no one says anything about my guitar, i'm a pretty decent kinda guy.

Stoner: like i said, this discussion moved onto my guitar. i'd die for my guitar, because it's the one thing in my life that has NEVER let me down. the one thing thats always there for. i can take a joke about anything, just not my guitar. sorry, it's just my way. i don't think about my reaction, it just happens.

Wow dude. I'm just an asshole. I'm joking half the time. I'm not going to change to make anyone happier or easier to get along with. If you want to get along, you just gotta understand that.

I also would never leave my house with a guitar that's not in a hard case either... And if that means dragging my Custom KV or Warrior out, with the huge case that comes with it, so be it.
No matter what else I must carry.

Northern Viking: i realised last night just what it was that i'd said. a big problem i have is remembering htat when i tell people something, they normally were NOT there. I forget things like that (i don't know hwy, either!). the "kid" as i said wasn't really a kid, i just called himthat because of his maturity. i would guess he was between 13 and 15. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. he saw me and decided he'd try to hit me with that snowball because of who i am (a metaller. Him being a ned hates me because he's too stupid to understand). it doesn't change the fact that i chased him, but still. at the time i was only 17 (now just 18), so maybe you still find it unacceptable, i don't know. 5 years ago i probably would have done, but 5 years ago a guy of 13-15 would NOT have thrown snowballs at a nearly 18 year old. times change, and unfortunately so do kids/youths. sorry for me being so stupid. :S

Xenophobe: See, if i'd known you were joking i probably wouldn't have reacted the way i did. because it was a guitar issue, i didn't htink before i typed. If you know me at all you'll know i'm always in the mood for a joke, i just couldn't tell you were. :)

Hywel: I didn't say 'cos you didn't ask. ;)

Originally posted by Slash Freeman
Xenophobe: See, if i'd known you were joking i probably wouldn't have reacted the way i did. because it was a guitar issue, i didn't htink before i typed. If you know me at all you'll know i'm always in the mood for a joke, i just couldn't tell you were. :)

I'm just an asshole. I don't even take me seriously. :p

:lol:

ppl are taking life way to seriously at the moment. if we all did that then we would forget that we only live once and we are spending way 2 much time worrying over stupid little things.
ppl are forgetting to take life as it comes and fucking worrying too fucking much and its getting on my fucking nerves! :)eek: ))xenophobe i like ur attitude! its great (and im not being sarcastic im being 100% honest!) its great! u speak your mind and dont take urself seriously! i like it!

Originally posted by Girl On The Edge
xenophobe i like ur attitude! its great (and im not being sarcastic im being 100% honest!) its great! u speak your mind and dont take urself seriously! i like it!

Thank you. :: wink wink :: Life is too short to beat around the bush or to be too serious.

"if you take life too seriously, you should just take your life"... one of my sayings.

:devil:

That's a load of crap, life isn't what you make of it.

Some people just get everything handed to them, others got to work hard to survive.

Life is like poker, you get a set of cards... you can be dealt a four of a kind, or you can get crap, and if you're lucky you'll draw the cards you need...

But still it IS what you make of it... Think a little more about it before calling it "load of crap" as an instant reaction...

Who knows, you might just get my point. Or do I have to explain everything...again?