can anyone actually play bodom????

can you play bodom on your instrument?

• Total voters
When that file was still a high quality wav, you could clearly hear all of the notes in the sweeped arps and it was muuuuuch cooler. Next time, when I convert to mp3, I'll keep the quality higher than 32 kbps. I dunno what I was thinking there. I can't record anything else now because my new puppy chewed my 30 ft. cable and the only other cables I have are patch cables and a 6 footer, which means if I play, I don't have an extra cable to plug into the sound card. I ordered some on Musicians Friend today so probably in a week or so.

I was just reading the first page of this thread about how that one guy said he didn't want to record something because he doesn't play the solos note for note. I don't think you should play somebody else's solos note for note. If you're gonna cover a song, make your own solo for it. The solo in the clip I posted is my solo for "Towards Dead End". I was playing the song, I improvised something on the spot, it sounded pretty good, and with some fine tuning....

Anyway, make your own solos if you're gonna play cover songs, because it helps you progress as a musician.

gkelter said:
I was just reading the first page of this thread about how that one guy said he didn't want to record something because he doesn't play the solos note for note. I don't think you should play somebody else's solos note for note. If you're gonna cover a song, make your own solo for it. The solo in the clip I posted is my solo for "Towards Dead End". I was playing the song, I improvised something on the spot, it sounded pretty good, and with some fine tuning....

Anyway, make your own solos if you're gonna play cover songs, because it helps you progress as a musician.

Agreed. But on the other hand: if I wanted to show that I really can play bodom, I WOULD play everything note by note.

perhaps its not that hard to play faster, but better? I think his solos fit perfect, but thats just my opinion. I just never heard someone who played a solo in a bodom song better than alexi.

I agree to the extent that because Alexi has already laid the ground work for you, like many solos/songs, you can just make it better by throwing in even more insane shit. But to sit down and write something that is as good or better than certain solos written by Alexi, there's a challenge.

I personally think Greg was beign sarcastic too (ex. "THAT".... "heh"). But yea, I listen to alot of Sinergy and Bodom, and I think most of Alexi's solos can't really be imporved upon, because it'd just lose its gretaness because you're right Corny, alot of them just fit perfectly with the songs.

But yea, that was an awesome file.

Encore (a.k.a make more).

if i could play as good as Alexi, that would be so sweet. well, guess i better keep practicing. maybe by the time i'm fifty, i'll be able to play one of their songs.

i can play... trashed lost hungout.. not very well, the thing is, i've recorded some guitar solos i did and bob says theyre amazing... and yoy might think they are but i get put off at home because my amp is so shit.. and bodom is so complex for me to remember as i have short term memory loss... grr...

dude you dont need a line 6. just go to k-mart (walmart or any other electronics supplier) and look for a chord that will plug into your mic input on your pc. then get an attachment that makes it the size of the guitar input jack (1/4" i think) and hook that fucker in.

Radio Shack has cables that have one end 1/8" headphone jack and the other end 1/4". More commonly though, just get a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor and stick it on the end of a spare guitar cable. One end goes into the Line Out on your amp (or headphone jack if your amp doesn't have a line out) and the other end goes to the line in on your computer sound card.