can anyone actually play bodom????

can you play bodom on your instrument?

• Total voters
juoppo said:
http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2K96P568I0OER0ZJZ8F9MYLO7L

it is something what i have made bymyself, so it isn't cover, but only something like 19 sec =) crap it hurry, it is on you send it so it doesn't gonna be there long, then a quoestion, what programs you guys use, to put drums and keyboards on songs?

well... you certainly need a lot of guts to post that i guess...

hey needledwarheart!
i´ve just now heard your fuckin improvisation and dude, it was fuckin impressive!!!!
thx for music! you´re great!

I cant play any full songs of Bodom but i can play majoritys of some songs. I would record some shit for you guys but my amp is at my drummers house.

juoppo said:
Hey guys,please, tell me what programs u use to put drums and keyboards to the songs?

I use Cubase SX 2.0.1 and VST plugin Battery for drums, but I would like to put keyboards too. Does anyone knows some VST plugin for keyboards sound???

NeedledWarheart said:
This isn't a contest, people are submitting for fun, i'm just curious to hear you.
I think what the real deal is that you got a bruised ego since he said you can't tell your pitch well. There is a world of difference between him posting an improv piece in shred style as you did, as opposed to you bending off-pitch in the recording you posted. There isn't a science to it... just listen to some Santana and you can hear when the bends are done right. I don't think he has to show you.

Back on topic though.. the closest thing I have on the net at the moment to what you're after is this video:

http://www.geocities.com/cyanidix/storage/ermin_forest5.avi

Beware though, Geocities will cap my bandwidth in no time since this is a 5-meg file. If anybody is feeling generous and gets it, feel free to host it and link to it or whatever... People usually get frustrated when Geocities screws them over :lol:

btw, keep in mind I don't play shred, or fast in the style of Bodom. I'm more about emotion, tonality and composition as opposed to improv and fast runs generally. That vid is the closest I have to what you want.

5 years said:
I fucking love sonata arctica dude. many people have called them pussy metal, but they just kick ass, even if they're stuff isnt all that heavy(most of the time). hell look at my name, Jani Laiho, lol. i think theres someone else on here thats called Alexi Liimantainen. same two dudes...pretty weird coincidence there.

but anyway dude, yeah sonata arctica kicks a whole lot of ass man.

NeedledWarheart said:
Totally, but reckoning night was just shite.

i agree. whats your favorite album by them? there was a debate a while back about how the cover art of Silence didnt look like a metal album. I've always thought it was pretty bad ass though, lol.