CAN I ASK WHAT DO YOU THINK OF LAMB OF GOD

Hammer of Might said:
can you explain?

Lamb Of God's music is about as common as Slipknot's music was about 5 years ago (another band that I really liked but can't listen to because of overexposure). Kids drive around blasting it on their stereo, they're on MTV and sometimes the radio. This has happened to me time and time again, be it Slayer, Danzig, or Pantera to name a few. I realize these bands are structured for commercial success (having catchy songs and the quintessentail rock star image), but I really get sick of a band when everyone and their dog listens to them. It makes me feel like a fucking lemming.

P.S.: How many times are you going to change your screen name? I'm going to insist on calling you High On Maiden until you make up your mind.

Zephyrus said:
paddy what happened to you bands of the week? I was always looking forward to them but you haven't posted one in nearly a month.
:kickass: Sorry bruv but after a meeting with the metal paddy fan club and a complaint from jonny fortunes it has been decide not to lead any more threads on BAND OF THE WEEK sorry bruv

Lamb Of God's music is about as common as Slipknot's music was about 5 years ago (another band that I really liked but can't listen to because of overexposure). Kids drive around blasting it on their stereo, they're on MTV and sometimes the radio. This has happened to me time and time again, be it Slayer, Danzig, or Pantera to name a few. I realize these bands are structured for commercial success (having catchy songs and the quintessentail rock star image), but I really get sick of a band when everyone and their dog listens to them. It makes me feel like a fucking lemming.

But why is that? Because other people listen to good music does that mean you don't like it anymore?? Do you have to be the only one who likes a band so you feel special?

Tell me, did Lamb of God's music change after their commercial success? NO! Not at all, they stuck to their original style! And whats the big deal about mainstream..mainstream music is made to be good, and some of it IS good..so instead of saying: no i don't like it because everyone likes it... say: I like it because it sounds good, i dont give a fuck what everyone else likes

I personally like several "mainstream" bands like Throwdown and Korn, I used to like Slipknot til their latest album which is just a complete change of style from their brutal music to more toned down for the general public (this is the only time I get mad at mainstream..when they take a band apart for more money)

But yes I can see why no one likes mainstream music..I can admit most of it sux..but once in a while there comes a catchy tune and it can totally kick ass!

Btw a question..if a band like Finntroll or Bathory all of a sudden started playing on the radio and everyone fell in love with them..would you stop listening to them?

metal paddy said:
:kickass: Sorry bruv but after a meeting with the metal paddy fan club and a complaint from jonny fortunes it has been decide not to lead any more threads on BAND OF THE WEEK sorry bruv

Paddy, I thought you sorted out Jonny Fortunes? Now you're going to have to do it all over again.

KornyBstd said:
But why is that? Because other people listen to good music does that mean you don't like it anymore?? Do you have to be the only one who likes a band so you feel special?

Tell me, did Lamb of God's music change after their commercial success? NO! Not at all, they stuck to their original style! And whats the big deal about mainstream..mainstream music is made to be good, and some of it IS good..so instead of saying: no i don't like it because everyone likes it... say: I like it because it sounds good, i dont give a fuck what everyone else likes

I personally like several "mainstream" bands like Throwdown and Korn, I used to like Slipknot til their latest album which is just a complete change of style from their brutal music to more toned down for the general public (this is the only time I get mad at mainstream..when they take a band apart for more money)

But yes I can see why no one likes mainstream music..I can admit most of it sux..but once in a while there comes a catchy tune and it can totally kick ass!

Btw a question..if a band like Finntroll or Bathory all of a sudden started playing on the radio and everyone fell in love with them..would you stop listening to them?

Way to miss the point. It's overexposure, not popularity. Two of my favorite bands are Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, and you honestly can't get more mainstream than that (as far as metal is concerned). I can't really listen to LOG, Pantera, Slipknot, Slayer, Sepultura, Danzig, and a few others very often because I'm just tired of hearing it.
Consider this: spaghetti with meat sauce is one of my favorite meals, but last year when I was unemployed, that's all I ate for about a month because its about the cheapest meal that's actually filling you can get. Now I can't stand to eat the stuff. I probably will again, because I know that it is good, I'm just burnt out on it.
As for Finntroll or Bathory becoming popular and getting radio airplay, I wouldn't stop liking Bathory (don't really have an opinion of Finntroll), but if they were on every 5 minutes, I would become annoyed by that. I wouldn't stop being a fan, I just wouldn't listen to the music very often.

Hmm ok fair enough, I got the impression that you disliked the band after it started getting airplay etc..

sorry man

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:

P.S.: How many times are you going to change your screen name? I'm going to insist on calling you High On Maiden until you make up your mind.
None of these bands set themselves up to be stars, including Lamb of God. The record companies saw them and said "Hey, there's a few bucks" and started the wonderful overexposure we have to deal with today. But all of these bands avoided the mainstream at first.

KornyBstd said:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of five

>>>It makes me feel like a fucking lemming.

Who cares what you feel like because of others?

For the longest time I hated the mere idea of Linkin Park. Everyone worshipped them, which made me vomit...but then when I really gave them a chance, I ended up loving them too.

I almost felt like I needed a shower or something, but whatever...they have a cool unique sound and very catchy songwriting that has a lot of repeat value. They weren't metal, they weren't TRYING to be metal...yet metalheads just want to bash them because....why who knows.

There's something to be said for songs you can sing along with, and that's just not the case in a lot of metal.

Scott

SheisMySin said:
They weren't metal, they weren't TRYING to be metal...yet metalheads just want to bash them because....why who knows.

It might be that their music lacks pretty much all of the elements that make metal worth listening to.

There's something to be said for songs you can sing along with, and that's just not the case in a lot of metal.

Seriously, go buy Smash Hits and stop wasting everyone's time.

~Neurotica said:
ender... what the hell "out of five" is?...
Like X-Play or whatever will rate stuff 1 or 2 or 5 out of five, or whatever, I got bored one day and started rating shit. Look at the number of smilies I give.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: is 3 out of five.
:headbang: is one, and so on.
I only rate shit I agree with or makes me :lol: so if you get a rating at all you should feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

~Neurotica said:
ender... what the hell "out of five" is?...
HE MEANS HE LIKES THEM 5 /5 TOPMARK
cover16go.jpg

metal paddy said:
HEY GUYS WHAT DO YOU GUY THINK OF LOG I AM LISTENING TO THE LIVE ALBUM NOW FOR ME THEY ARE A NEW BAND. WHAT SORT OF GENRE OF METAL WOULD YOU SAY THEY ARE, HAS ANY ONE SEEN THEM LIVE WHAT IS THE DVD LIKE:kickass: :kickass: CHEERS BRUVS

They are good for a metalcore band but still kinda overrated. I'm still going to see them with Slayer, Children of Bodom, Mastodon, and Thine Eyes Bleed though. That's gonna be a kickass show. :headbang:

That post doesn't make sense.

They weren't TRYING to be thrash or death metal...they were going somewhere new.

LOG is metal, and just because mainstream listeners start hopping on the bandwagon, it's dumb for metalheads to reject them.

You would think ANY mainstream exposure of metal would be welcomed, as it brings in new fans of the genre everyday. No one just wakes up and starts listening to Celtic Frost or Vader. They are acquired tastes. Thankfully some bands recruit listeners with crossover material.

Scott

ender7227 said:
Like X-Play or whatever will rate stuff 1 or 2 or 5 out of five, or whatever, I got bored one day and started rating shit. Look at the number of smilies I give.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: is 3 out of five.
:headbang: is one, and so on.
I only rate shit I agree with or makes me :lol: so if you get a rating at all you should feel all warm and fuzzy inside

hahaha ok, thanks