Can I bring in camera or DV into DT's live?

rocksoccer

New Metal Member
Nov 25, 2007
DT will perform on 4th Feb at Birmingham. I just wonder whether I can bring my camera and DV into the concert!! I hope I can get a confirmation before I buy the ticket.:Smokin:

I don't know where I should go to ask the question. Since this forum appears on DT's official site, does that mean that the band members will have a look at this post?

I can drive quite well on Need for Speed (Just joke), but I dont have a driving lisence right now.

I got quite good degree. Every year, I get first class grade, and receive the first class scholarship from my department. But it seems still many companies are not interested at my skills. I can't understand WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. OH, forget to mention that I am having MEng degree. So, I think my performance and abilities are not too bad.

Below, you can find a little more information about me.
I study computer interactive systems. I can do any job about computer, programming, network mainteinance, software engineering, product design, and many many more.

Welll, if any of you guys are interested in me and would like to provide me a position, just PM me, then I can send you more information. Thx!

Maybe this is not the correct forum for me to talk about this.....

Some of them might, yes, but I'm not sure whether they'll be able to answer your question. This kind of rules are usually set by the venue, so you have a better chance of finding out if you drop by the club/arena on a night when it's open and ask someone from the staff.

Or call them. You should be able to find a phone number on the venue's homepage in case you can't get to the venue easily.

So, if you can't you'd rather not buy a ticket and wouldn't go?

I dont know. Maybe yes, maybe no. I am an oversea student studying at Birmingham. Maybe next year if I can't find a job at UK, then I have to go back to China. You know there are not so many great live shows in that country. So, I really want to take some photos and have a long term memory.

I have the habit, no matter where I go to, I always take many pictures and share them with my friends.
I can understand why bands dont allow people to use flash light, which does affect their performance.
But I dont understand why some bands dont like us to take photos without flash. Maybe someday they will also block me to take any photos anywhere!

I dont know. Maybe yes, maybe no. I am an oversea student studying at Birmingham. Maybe next year if I can't find a job at UK, then I have to go back to China. You know there are not so many great live shows in that country. So, I really want to take some photos and have a long term memory.

In case it helps, usually there's somebody taking photos at shows, and they eventually find their way to the band's official site, fansites, or online magazines. They almost always mention where and when the picture was taken, so if you can stand that it's someone else who took the pictures, you'll probably get your mementos one way or the other.

Edit: Also, taking pictures with the band before or after the show (when they inevitably hang around) is a popular option.

I have the habit, no matter where I go to, I always take many pictures and share them with my friends.
Are you sure you're not Japanese? :saint:

edit: i do agree that it depends on the venue. at the gig in athens noone cared to ask/search if i had a camera with me. you could also try getting one of those disposable/one-time cameras.
and if you're really sneaky you could hide your real camera in some place (bag works for girls, especially in the bottom with other things on top) and/or have a disposable camera in a more obvious place. if you're not a girl, get a girl with you, they're only useful for such a case. and by all means, if the venue doesn't allow cameras, don't stand taking pictures in front of those large security guys.
disclaimer: i have no responsibility for whatever happens to you, your camera, your girl or if you end up in jail, this edit will be self-destructed whenever i feel like it.

2nd edit: since, as you said, there's a chance to go back to China where there's not a lot of shows, i would suggest to go to shows now that you can.

i think (not to say I'm sure... :p) it totally depends on the venue... in some of them it's even forbidden to crowdsurf... :/
anyway this rules are all written (extrasmall... :p) on the back of the ticket.

suggestion: just go to the show!!! :lol:

There are no restrictions on cameras unless the band say so. Best to ask again late Jan.

I asked the staff at that bar. The words above are from them. So now, the answer completely depends on DT!!! I hope I won't be annoyed with this problem at that night!!

Hey, what are you studying, and what type of job are you looking to get in the UK?

And what's the big problem with bands touring China. There's definitely the crowd, I'm sure a huge fan base. Is it a political problem that makes that difficult? economic?..

Hey, what are you studying, and what type of job are you looking to get in the UK?

And what's the big problem with bands touring China. There's definitely the crowd, I'm sure a huge fan base. Is it a political problem that makes that difficult? economic?..

Can you help me to find a job??? That will be highly appreciated!:kickass: I study computer interactive systems. I can do any job about computer, programming, network mainteinance, and many many more.

There are many metalheads in China, but the government doesn't like metal. They think the culture is too dangerous for them. So generally, it is not easy for foreign metal bands to get the visa.

Can you help me to find a job??? That will be highly appreciated!:kickass: I study computer interactive systems. I can do any job about computer, programming, network mainteinance, and many many more.
Oh, no no.. I'm sorry brother. I was just curious. I would if I could, but I've never even been to the UK, other than a 3 hour stay at Heathrow airport once.
In the past I've also considered moving to the UK and looking for a job there; mostly just to go some place else and try something new.

rocksoccer said:
There are many metalheads in China, but the government doesn't like metal. They think the culture is too dangerous for them. So generally, it is not easy for foreign metal bands to get the visa.
Really.. wow. That's terrible.

And how are your driving skills, did you get good grades at school? :saint:

And how are your driving skills, did you get good grades at school? :saint:

I can drive quite well on Need for Speed:OMG:, but I dont have a driving lisence right now.

I got quite good grade. Every year, I get first class grade, and receive the first class scholarship from my department. But it seems still many companies are not interested at my skills. I can't understand WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. OH, forget to mention that I am having MEng degree. So, I think my performance and abilities are not too bad.

here, you can find a little more information about me.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ring-camera-dv-into-dts-live.html#post6746569

Welll, if any of you guys are interested in me and would like to provide me a position, just PM me, then I can send you more information. Thx!

Maybe this is not the correct forum for me to talk about this.....:Smokin:

@rocksoccer: I just asked my ex who lives in the UK and he says the problem seems to be the work permit. Without it it's unlikely that someone will hire you (unless you have some skill noone else has, in which case i suppose the company would apply for a permit). So maybe you should look into this aspect a bit.

@rocksoccer: I just asked my ex who lives in the UK and he says the problem seems to be the work permit. Without it it's unlikely that someone will hire you (unless you have some skill noone else has, in which case i suppose the company would apply for a permit). So maybe you should look into this aspect a bit.

Thanks a lot.

Work permit does give me some difficulties in some cases. But because my degree is in the engineering and science category, I can work in UK for one year without needing a work permit (this is part of IGS program in UK), although that still give me some disadvantages compared to the local and EU students.

Anyway, many thx.:headbang: