can i record with this

XxSicRokerxX

Gabriel R.
Nov 25, 2010
Orange County, CA
there is a guy selling this http://images.craigslist.org/3nf3m53p05P25X35R3abqe8c4b6cfced91cd5.jpg

Behringer rackmount V AMP Pro with FCB1010 Floorboard for 100 bux.

ive been looking at interfaces such as m-audio pro (i want to record my guitar with an instrument hi-z input and mix with amp simulator thats my only goal)

ive been looking at the description for the Behringer rackmount V AMP Pro but i just dont understand it.

on some sites the description includes "Facilitates direct recording without an amp for professional guitar tones " "Pre DSP send/return for dry recording and wet monitoring" "AES/EBU and S/PDIF connectors allow usage as an all-purpose A/D converter with 24-bit/96 kHz digital output " "it's a Swiss Army Knife for the home recording enthusiast or gigging guitarist who can't seem to settle on one amp. " "You can either record both left and right outputs to separate tracks, or record the "dry" left output while monitoring the right output.
The V-AMP PRO features myriad routing options. It has a balanced XLR DI out with ground lift and switchable ULTRA-G cabinet simulation"

look up the info on this site http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/LX1-PRO.aspx

please someone respond before he sells it.

thank you

The V-Amp Pro does require a separate audio interface to record if that's what your asking. It does not have an internal means to connect to your computer such as USB or Firewire. while it's pretty old technology, for $100 bucks including the MIDI controller floorboard it's not a bad deal (the controller can be used for other purposes as well). I have an old V-Amp 2 that has not gotten much use in the past several years, but back when it was new, if you take the time to learn all it's ins and outs, it can get some nice tones.

So - yes you will still need to buy an interface to record to your PC with it.

Just my opinion, as always your mileage may vary.

I want to bump in and say....it has a digital out...so if your computer has a digital in (some do, some don't) then you would not need an interface, but would be pretty limited and it isn't the best way to go about recording, but it will work.

Forceps said:
V-amp = Behringer's copy of the Line 6 POD Pro.
So it's nothing more than an amp modeler.

You see if it actually was a complete copy of the Pod pro, it WOULD have a digital interface because the pod does have USB connection and can be used as an interface. As a former Bass V-amp owner, I can say for the price it's a prett sweet tool, but it's lacking a proper USB interface really sucks. I'm not sure, but couldn't one buy a S/pdif card for you desktop if it doesn't have one?